$1000 signing bonus!
- Metro and North Metro Atlanta, Georgia
- Great opportunity for in-home clinical training utilizing a proven evidence-based model.
- No cost clinical supervision available for LCSW candidates.
- Prior Functional Family Therapy experience not required.
Job Title: Family Counselor/Therapist
Reports To: Clinical Director
Wellroot Family Services has an exciting opportunity for those currently in or entering into the field of clinical counseling. In response to the significant need for mental and behavioral health support for families and children in our community, recently exacerbated by COVID-19 stressors, Wellroot Family Services is hiring masters level social work and psychology graduates to work in our Functional Family Therapy (FFT) program. FFT is a short-term, high-quality, evidence-based intervention program with 12-14 sessions provided over 3-5 months. The multi-phase program—approximately 30 hours in length—is designed to improve child-parent relationships, resolve behavioral issues, and strengthen family dynamics. Prior FFT experience is not required. Training and certification in the model is provided. Families will be referred to the program through community partners, child welfare, the court system and area hospitals. This is an excellent opportunity for on the ground training as well as to make a significant impact in the lives of children and families at a time when mental and behavioral health needs are at an all-time high.
For 150 years Wellroot Family Services has provided meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the North Georgia community. Join our dynamic and growing organization! Our mission at Wellroot is to restore children and families from trauma through Christ; and we envision a world where every child is raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home.
The Family Counselor / Therapist is responsible for providing, at minimum, weekly one-hour, home-based family therapy sessions to clients. Therapist must maintain a flexible work schedule that may include working hours other than regular work schedule and evenings, weekends and holidays. As a strengths-based model, Functional Family Therapy (FFT) focuses on acceptance and respect and uses assessments and interventions to determine risk and protective factors in relation to the family and youth’s development. The therapist should demonstrate interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and engage with families. The therapist will be required to carry a caseload of 10 to 15 families, providing services over a three-to-four-month period. Therapist reports to the Clinical Director and clinical supervision for LCSW licensure is available.
- Serve high-risk families, including those whose children are at substantial risk of placement or who in placement and cannot be reunified without in-home services
- Provide Functional Family Therapy services primarily in client homes
- Schedule sessions at times that are convenient for families, and when problems are likely to occur, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Collaborate and advocate with formal and informal community resources and systems, while family members to advocate for themselves
- Identify, develop and implement appropriate cognitive and behavioral intervention strategies that are sensitive to the unique characteristics of each family member within the guidelines of the FFT Model
- Ensure that clients files, progress notes, service plans and data collection points are accurately documented and accurately reflect work being done with family.
- Be fully prepared for weekly case review and supervision.
- Submit all required documentations and data collection in a timely manner to FFT Coordinator/ FFT Site Supervisor
- Assist administrative staff in collection of information for program effectiveness
- Promote a positive relationship with each FFT family with a non-judgmental and strength-based approach
- Respond in a positive and respectful manner to diversity, among the agency’s service population and staff
- Carry a caseload as assigned
- Perform other duties as requested by your direct supervisor, the Clinical Director or the CEO
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or other relevant human service profession. Prior experience working with youth and families is a plus.
- Ability to internalize and work within the FFT philosophy and model
- Ability to work with children, adolescents, and families
- Ability and willingness to work with families in their own homes
- Flexibility to work when the families are available to meet
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Local travel is required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Very good interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong clinical, crisis management, de-escalation and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with respect for cultural diversity
- Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect family members Ability to engage families who may not want the service
- Ability to adapt and individualize program interventions to utilize family strengths and skills
- Commitment to empowering families to solve their own problems
- Ability to establish a mutually respectful relationship, in which the family is a full partner, empowered to solve their own problems
- Belief in the capacity of people to grow and change
Client referrals will be across north metro Atlanta and surrounding counties. Fast-paced environment, working with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Usually sits in front of a computer 50% of the time as well as traveling to clients’ homes.
Wellroot is an EEO employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package that may include:
- Major medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid company holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Retirement plan with employer matching contribution
- Clinical supervision for licensure
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000