AACI is actively hiring for a Communications and Development Manager to join our team immediately. AACI is a community involved non profit organization focused on making our community better and what better way to do that then assisting in health, mental, dental care?? We are looking for an experience, highly organized individual to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and manage ongoing relationships with current and prospective donors, corporations, grantors.
- Lead proper donor stewardship including cultivation, management, reporting, and tracking of relationships with all donors and prospects.
- Collaborate with board members in cultivation strategies in close partnership with the director of development.
- Develop communications and content, provide copy writing, editing, and support for marketing projects.
- Lead the team to create and edit written content for website, email campaigns, and/or various collateral materials.
- Develop, implement, and measure the success of a marketing strategy that will enhance AACI’s image and position within the marketplace and the community.
- Devise data-driven marketing campaigns to increase exposure, build relationships, or generate donations for AACI.
- Collaborate across all programs to support communications and fundraising needs.
- Oversee effective donor/prospect database management and gift acknowledgement.
- Oversee planning and execution of special fundraising events such as the annual fundraising gala and support bimonthly agency tours/virtual tours.
- Supervise program staff and interns or volunteers as appropriate.
Other duties and related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Communications, Public Health or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three to five years of work experience in resource development, grant writing, communications or marketing.
- Experience with fundraising fundamentals including donor cultivation, annual giving, marketing and communications development work in a community-based organization or related field.
- High level of interpersonal and management skills, ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people including major donors, board members, fellow staff members, corporate, foundation and other nonprofit representatives.
- Excellent written communication skills, along with highly effective verbal communications and engaging presentation skills
- Experience with planning large fundraising events from conception to execution to post event follow-up and analysis.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle for agency travel and current automobile insurance and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies are all essential job requirements.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Bloomerang.
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity and to develop a highly effective and dedicated workforce.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite of programs, graphic design preferred.