Do you believe in the power of education? LaAmistad is looking for applicants that exhibit our core values and want to impact the lives of Latino students and families. We are seeking a Program Assistant to support our Afterschool Tutoring,, and Parent Partnership programs for 10-18 hours per week.
LaAmistad’s Core Values
Kindness: “The ability to speak with love, listen with patience and act with compassion.”
Excellence: “Every touch, every time, no exceptions"
Passion: “You can't fake passion."
Team Work: “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"
Perseverance: “The grit, raw endurance, hard work and passion that keeps you going despite obstacles.”
Responsibilities - Afterschool Program
- Assists in preparing, teaching, and evaluating assigned instructional courses
- Develops supplemental teaching material and strategies to help students practice
- Support the Afterschool Teacher with on-site programming needs
- Assists the staff with all communication to and from the parents in English and Spanish
Responsibilities – General
- Supports the collection and input of data for all programs
- Effectively responds to stakeholder inquiries, questions, and comments
- Prepares and distributes program documentation and details
- Creates and/or updates class syllabi or other communications as needed
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
- Bilingual native Spanish speaker preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and English (writing, listening, and speaking)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with parent coaching is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within diverse families
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as during parent/or community events
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Must have own transportation and hold a valid driver’s license
- Commitment to the program’s goals and mission
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Ability to confidently lead a group of adults or children
- Strong organizational skills along with a sense for detail and follow-up
- Solution-orientated and able to problem-solve
- Excellence in communicating with diverse audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Proficiency troubleshooting common issues with Chromebook platform