Description: Lightway Recovery for Women is seeking a Kitchen Coordinator and Recovery Mentor who enjoys diverse responsibilities and who has the ability to work closely with residents, and teammates, remaining hopeful and steadfast. This position is focused on serving as manager of the kitchen activities in addition to mentoring the residents. Our residents are with us for an intensive phase of 6 months and a transitional phase of 6 months. Recovery Mentors are critical to the smooth operations of Lightway Recovery. Their experience, strength and hope makes all the difference to women and their families who have been impacted by addiction.
Lightway Recovery Center is a nonprofit, long-term residential recovery wellness center for women, including pregnant and postpartum women. The philosophy of care is one of holistic wellness following addiction and is focused on physical, mental and spiritual recovery for women whose primary struggle has been addiction to substances. Our goal is to equip our guests with tools for life-long recovery and support the women we serve, including their entire family, as they transform the most important relationships: with God, self and others.
OUR MISSION: Lightway Recovery Wellness Center is a safe, supportive, Christ-centered recovery environment where women are treated with dignity and respect and experience healing of body, mind and spirit while gaining the tools to maintain lifelong recovery.
We believe innovation is essential to change the way we treat addiction and mental health issues. We also believe peer support is a crucial part of the continuum of care.
For our team of volunteers and employees, serving our community is not just “a job” but a passion. Many of us consider it our ministry calling. We are a team that strives for excellence in all we do as part of de-stigmatizing the chronic condition of addiction, treating people with dignity and respect. We support each other so we can serve our fellow travelers on the pathway to recovery, wherever they may be on it. Our core values are what we live by and we like to laugh and have fun on the journey. If you think this sounds like a natural habitat for you, read on!
Job Title: Kitchen Coordinator and Recovery Mentor
Major areas of responsibility include: The Kitchen Coordinator and Recovery Mentor manages the menu, food procurement, meals and snacks for residents and assists with daily kitchen program operations, assists in keeping residents on schedule, serving as an example and mentor, attending meetings with residents, assisting with the transport of residents, monitoring drug screens, training kitchen assistants, observing and giving feedback on progress. This position reports to the Program Director.
- At least one years of recovery from addiction or family recovery
- A passion for serving individuals and families impacted by addiction Supervision of a restaurant kitchen or meal planning and preparation for a family preferred Safe Serve Certificate preferred, but will train if needed Valid Driver's License with good driving record as ascertained by DMV report
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare weekly menu, procure food for menu, be creative working and a good steward working within what is available for use
- Ability to communicate with residents, family members and coworkers in a positive way
- Desire to be part of a team of innovators who are always working to improve the services we offer and to support each other in an evolving environment
- Willingness and Commitment to live by the Lightway code of ethics and Core Values
- Willingness to learn and grow through continuing education and training
- Lightway Recovery is a Drug Free Workplace and all staff are subject to drug screening
- Coordinate all kitchen operations, including creating weekly menus and plans for snacks, grocery lists
- Procure food through food bank, grocery stores, and delivery services
- Train resident kitchen assistants to work in kitchen
- Assist with onboarding new residents so they have clear expectations and in depth understanding of living at Lightway Recovery
- Help team maintain schedule and adherence to house guidelines
- Transport residents as needed Attend in-house and off site meetings with residents as needed Though mentorship, support recovery wellness and spiritual growth
- Assist in observed medication management and resident drug screenings
- Document required information in software, maintaining complete confidentiality and following HIPAA standards for medical information
- Complete required certifications and continue to learn through training and CEUs
- Duties will evolve as we add to the team and the number of residents
Pay and Benefits:
- Initial rate of pay is dependent on experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued from day one for full time employees and available for use after 90 days
- Paid Holidays after 90 days, including your birthday—since we are 7 day a week operation, we sometimes must rotate holidays but replace with makeup holidays
- Phone Allowance of $50 per month
- Reimbursement for mileage if travel is required
- Supplemental AFLAC Insurance policies available.
- Group rate for Vision and Dental available.
- Opportunities for continuing training and certifications