POSITION TITLE: Development Officer, Fundraising Events
FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
This full-time position is responsible for the planning, management and implementation of fundraising events for the Development Office; with a hyper focus on fundraising, relationship management (high-level donor and volunteer), as well as donor cultivation & stewardship. Events include the annual Garden of Eden Ball (September) the Garden’s primary event fundraiser, the biennial Flower Show (February), Gardens for Connoisseurs Tours (May), the bi-annual Explorers Online Plant Sale (April), and support of miscellaneous Development events. This position plays an integral role in the Development Department.
Scope of duties
- Work directly with event volunteer chairs, advisor and other key volunteers in planning annual event
- Manage event budgets to ensure net revenue projections are achieved
- Shepard event fundraising efforts
- Oversee production of all associated event collateral materials
- Collaborate with internal departments and external vendors to ensure all event details are effectively implemented; and manage event set up, execution, and break down for optimal success
- Maintain comprehensive records of event details and planning
- Develop annual work plan and revenue goals
- Participate in donor prospecting, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation
- Collaborate with and provide regular updates to Development Manager and Vice President, Institutional Advancement, as well as Advancement Department
- Perform other duties as assigned by Development Manager and/or Vice President, Institutional Advancement
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player with energy, positivity, and flexibility. The position requires very strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, exemplary organization skills, adaptable to fast-paced work environment, and the ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations. Experience working with volunteers is a plus. Full computer proficiency required. Competency with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Physical requirements include, lifting (up to 20 lbs.), bending/reaching, extensive walking during event set up. The position requires an undergraduate degree and a minimum of five years of experience in development and event management.
MUST BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID 19
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.