At Partners for HOME, your goal will be to ensure we create a highly coordinated homeless crisis response system that delivers outcomes and measures that can be scaled to effectively connect individuals experiencing homelessness to the appropriate and most expedient housing solution. Our team’s mission is to lead a coordinated community effort and to layer and leverage the resources and relationships to make homelessness rare, brief, and nonrecurring.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone with a passion for data and evaluation to assist with various tasks associated with performance project management under the direction of the Senior Project Manager.
Operational duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working in close partnership with the Senior Project Manager of Performance, Continuum partners, the City of Atlanta Staff/Departments, and other key stakeholders, to execute pertinent performance monitoring and data quality activities;
- Analyzing data to determine program outcomes and effectiveness;
- Working closely with data and performance associated with veteran and chronic homelessness;
- Assisting with developing site visit monitoring policies and procedures;
- Conducting site visit monitoring for The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Continuum of Care (CoC) funded programs;
- Evaluating program data quality and provides Continuum partners with guidance and training to improve outcomes;
- Participating in the development and implementation of performance improvement plans when additional assistance improving performance outcomes are needed;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of CoC performance dashboards, which are posted quarterly online;
- Evaluating and monitoring the contractual performance and compliance obligations of the CoC’s service agreements with HUD funded programs;
- Partnering with agencies receiving related funding resources to further alignment with the CoC;
- Providing guidance and interpretation to the CoC of HUD regulations/guidelines, contract language, procurement policies, and procedures;
- Developing broad-ranging relationships and providing exceptional customer service to our Continuum Partners, partnering with them to ensure a transparent system is in place to measure performance outcomes and deliver results;
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High energy and a passion for the CoC’s mission and goals to end homelessness.
- 2+ years of experience in performance and data management.
- Previous experience in partnering with leadership for the delivery of projects.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to create and implement efficient development systems, plan strategically, allocate work, set and manage objectives, analyze and mitigate risk, and create and manage projects.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Professional and precise writing and editing skills.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to perceive and understand people’s motivations.
- Integrity and humility that encourages and inspires constituents, strong sense of judgment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and project management tools.
- We have an ambitious and spirited culture that is passionate about ending homelessness. We strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions with one another. Although we do not provide direct client services, we work daily to ensure the homeless response system is functioning to best serve homeless populations.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Salary: $52,800 - $60,000
To safeguard the health of staff and their loved ones, Partners for HOME requires all staff to be vaccinated for COVID as a condition of employment. Employees may request exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief