Accounting Specialist- REMOTE- Atlanta, GA Candidates Only!
Greening Youth Foundation is a non-profit organization 501c3 located in the heart of Atlanta Georgia. We are looking for an accounting professional to add to our finance Department. The Accounting Specialist will be assigned with assisting the finance team with the financial affairs of the organization. As a member of the Finance and Accounting team, this position will be responsible for processing and coordinating the daily function of the Accounts Payable and Receivables. The Accounting Specialist will provide financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
Joining our team: We offer employees 100% employer paid benefits to include health, dental, and vision and life insurance. Retirement includes a matching 401k plan. Generous holiday pay and vacation and sick pay are also provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as well as research discrepancies.
- Federal budget management and preparation, prepare invoices for federal government agreements, assist in gathering information, reviewing, and clearing discrepancies on invoices.
- Preparation of financial and program reports, analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Code and process invoices, expense reimbursement, advances, stipend, purchasing and other check requests for accuracy and prepare for payment.
- Processing of daily cash receipts. Research incomplete documentation received from vendors and/or foundation customers for reconciliation and/or to fulfill requirements for proper backup documentation
- Perform day-to-day accounting in accordance with existing foundation policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Prepare general journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage Database regarding Vendors and Insurance.
- Participate and complete assignments to support project objectives.
- Scan and index account documentation into cloud storage database.
- Ensure compliance with OMB and Federal spending policies, rules, and regulations.
- Assist team members as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management including ad hoc internal reporting and external reporting to associated agencies and partners
Qualifications for the Accounting Specialist:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 2-4 years of accounting experience including month-end close cycle, balance sheet reconciliation preparation, and budget preparation
· Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
· Strong analytic and accounting skills in order to analyze data
· Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
· Strong in both written and verbal communication
· Ability to work independently and in teams to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
· Ability to manage multiple tasks under aggressive deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
· Nonprofit experience preferred but not required.
Cover Letter- To be considered must include the following in a cover letter:
Describes your experience working to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced setting Why you would be a good fit if you haven’t worked in a nonprofit setting OR How your previous non-profit experience makes you a good fit
Attach updated Resume Send resume to email@example.com- Subject Line: Accounting Specialist