SUMMARY The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The Credentialing Services Specialist performs a variety of duties in support of an enhanced credentialing customer experience. These duties include, making critical decisions regarding eligibility for credentialing exams and the validation of continuing education units (CEUs) as submitted by current and future ISA Credential holders.
This position is essential for helping to ensure that the integrity of all ISA credentials is maintained by adhering to proper departmental policies and procedures designed to uphold our ANSI/ISO17024:2012 accreditation. Typical duties include vetting and processing applications based on specific eligibility requirements; coding and assigning CEU requests based on specific guidelines outlined in departmental policies; providing outstanding customer service to all current and future credential holders; answering phones and emails; and other operations tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands ISA’s mission and adheres to organization and staff core values.
- Understands and adheres to ISA credentialing policies and procedures.
- Ensures that a high level of customer service is consistently delivered.
- Resolves the more complex customer service issues that are escalated from the Customer Service Center.
- Provides clear and concise communication to end users regarding their CEU and application submissions.
- Follows through to ensure resolution of issues as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for departmental record keeping in accordance with ANSI/ISO standards.
- Assists with data entry, mailings, and other special projects approved as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple requests and/or projects simultaneously.
- Enters, reviews, approves, and processes credentialing applications.
- Facilitates exam confirmation and rejection letters as required. Balances payment information daily and resolves any discrepancies.
- Processes recertification, extension, late fees, and refunds as required.
- Processes end-of-month routines according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Performs daily financial closing for Certification in conjunction with the Customer Service Center.
- Utilizes ISA databases for data entry and necessary credentialing processing tasks.
- Provides credentialing-related administrative support and service to ISA Components, as requested.
- Follows approved policies and procedures when coding, accepting and rejecting CEU requests.
- Determines CEU codes based on approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews, processes, and retains all pre and post approved CEU request according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Scans and files CEU requests according to organizational policy and procedure.
Supervisory Responsibilities None
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- An Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent is preferred.
- At least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of additional education and experience
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- Ability to write correspondence and speak in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to credential holders, volunteers, association affiliates, and other employees of the association.
Decision Making/Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format.
- Ability to deal with problems using standard processes and problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Ability to read and interpret data, such as that used for exam applications and Continuing Education requests.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills Inter-personal skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals across different geographic regions and cultures
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, taxes, commissions, and currency exchange rates.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time.
- Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
- This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Cubical setting.
Technology and Equipment
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2007 and/or 2010; proficient in Word and Outlook.
- Database applications
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.