Senior Managing Consultant
If interested, please submit a current resume and cover letter.
The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and St. Paul.
This job opportunity is located in Atlanta or St. Paul.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $800 million in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 200 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit www.cte.tv.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CTE is committed to championing inclusivity, diversity, and equity through our pursuit of a zero-emission future. We are motivated by our mission to improve the health of our climate for all people. Our staff seek to create a community where your identity is not only embraced, but celebrated. Whatever your race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status may be, we welcome and encourage all individuals to join us in transforming transportation.
CTE is seeking a Senior Managing Consultant to directly support the organization through business development and management of medium and heavy-duty electric vehicle projects. CTE projects involve project management and technical advisory services for a variety of projects focused on the planning, analysis, and deployment of battery electric and fuel cell vehicles and related fueling infrastructure for public and commercial fleets. CTE’s senior-level staff have full responsibility for the oversight of project managers and staff working on multiple projects. Applicants should have industry-leading experience and be recognized as thought leaders in their fields of expertise. Senior Managing Consultants are expected to work with leadership to develop strategic direction and produce the majority of new business opportunities for the organization. Prior experience with project management, scoping, budgeting, planning, zero-emission vehicle deployments, and/or zero-emission infrastructure is preferred. Applicants must have prior experience providing technical consulting services to a diverse group of clients and stakeholders. Applicants must also have the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and lead teams of project managers, consultants, analysts, and engineering professionals.
- Lead business development and proposal writing activities
- Execute business and market strategies and provide thought leadership
- Provide management oversight and guidance on a variety of projects as part of a consulting team by effectively leading teams of CTE staff, subcontractors, and stakeholders to ensure project success
- Oversee project budgets, schedules, and deliverables
- Take initiative and responsibility for activities and staff on multiple projects
- Develop working relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Engage industry partners and vendors to develop a thorough understanding of the zero emission “ecosystem”
- Develop subject matter expertise in the areas of zero emission vehicle performance, route modeling, charge modeling, utility rate modeling, electric vehicle feasibility, fleet transition planning, and key performance indicator (KPI) reporting
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills Understand and comply with federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Minimum four-year STEM-related degree, advanced degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with project management methodologies and project planning and scheduling tools
- Proficient in English writing
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a technical field with demonstrated history of collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in consulting and client service-related field preferred
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Familiarity or experience with vehicle mechanics is a plus
- Familiarity with electric vehicle fleet transition planning and deployment is a plus
- Familiarity or experience with electric utility and infrastructure projects is a plus Willing to travel 3-5 days per month, on average
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k Match
- PTO (Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Volunteer Time)
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule/Hybrid Work Arrangement
- Education Assistance
- Phone, Public Transportation, and Parking Subsidies
- Computer Equipment
- Valued at approximately $20,000-$25,000/year
How to Apply
Please submit a current resume and cover letter.
CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.