The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
- Supports three executives, Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Digital Media, Senior Vice President of Science and Education, and Chief Experiences Officer by preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings, handling phone calls, processing daily mail, making travel arrangements, managing the office and filing systems, processing expenses, managing contact databases, and purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Assists in preparation and provide high-quality support for Board and other committee meetings. Duties include scheduling, communicating with committee members, preparing, and distributing meeting materials, arranging meeting space, and recording minutes.
- Communicates pleasantly and effectively with Board members and staff members, understanding and anticipating their needs and requests and responding accordingly.
- Creates, edits, and updates reports and proposals, narrative documents, presentations, schedules, and databases.
- Contact management as instructed by senior leadership.
- Maintains complete discretion and confidentiality regarding all conversations, data, files, and other information where access is limited.
- Serves as backup administrative support to the President and CEO as needed.
- Schedules internal and external meetings as requested.
- Schedules and attend meetings on behalf of the executive, taking notes, and recording minutes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by executives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field is preferred. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an administrative role working for executives is required. Accounting experience is desirable Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database entry, and creation of presentation graphics. Strict commitment to institutional, staff, donor, and Board confidentiality Ability to handle delicate phone conversations using tact and diplomacy. Commitment to a positive customer service attitude toward internal and external constituencies; consistently demonstrate courtesy. Ability to multi-task many different projects at once. Commitment to proactive identification of problems and follow-up to assure solutions. Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented executive office environment. Ability to handle and manage proactive executive calendars. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least two weeks after your final dose. Medical and religious exemptions will apply.
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday (8:45 AM – 5:15 PM). Availability to work occasional evening and weekends as requested
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.