Job Type: Full-time (35 Hours per week)
Salary range: $35,000-$45,000
Location: Sacramento, CA-based office position, flexible, hybrid work arrangement, 1-3 days in office per week
Are you passionate about helping animals as well as people? RedRover is a national nonprofit organization, seeking an exceptional Assistant to join our team in Sacramento!
Full-Time Benefits: We offer a robust benefits package. You’ll enjoy:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for employees on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time accrue beginning the first day of employment 7% employer-paid Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) with immediate vesting, effective after one year of active employment Annual Companion Animal Allowance to help pay for family veterinary emergencies and work-related pet sitting (if you have a pet), effective after 60 days active employment
Our staff members enjoy balanced lives and flexibility. RedRover is a strengths-based organization committed to staff career development. We are looking for equity-minded applicants who will work with us to establish a supportive work community with a strong sense of belonging to further our mission.
The mission of RedRover is to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance, and education. RedRover accomplishes its mission by engaging volunteers and supporters, collaborating with others, and maximizing the use of online technology.
Based in Sacramento, California, RedRover operates national programs that help animals and people in crisis and is well-known for its three main programs:
- RedRover Responders shelters and cares for animals displaced by natural disasters and other crises, such as criminal seizures and hoarding cases, in the United States and Canada; RedRover Relief provides financial and emotional support to Good Samaritans, animal rescuers, and pet owners to help them care for animals in life-threatening situations, and resources to help domestic violence survivors and their pets escape abuse; RedRover Readers helps children explore the bond between people and animals through stories and discussion in a unique community-based literacy program
Summary Overview of Position: Under the guidance of the Director of Development, the Membership and Administrative Assistant shall: perform data entry of all of RedRover’s donations, member survey information, and edit and update all donor information in RedRover’s Salesforce database; process membership thank you letters in Salesforce, including adding letters to the database and coordinating with vendors for timely printing; process donor credit cards and duplicate records, and verifying donor matching gifts; share general reception duties, including monitoring email, phones and in-person inquiries with the Administrative Executive Assistant 1-3 days per week; monitor membership email account; send CFC donor thank you letters and gift reminder letters; mail duties, including processing outgoing mail and packages; other duties as assigned by the Director of Development or the Director of Finance and Administration.
The Membership and Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Membership, Development, and Administration Teams, made up of staff members who work closely together to support the essential fundraising, donor relations, and administrative aspects of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Data entry, including single-gift and batch data entry, and member surveys, and entering and/or editing donor information and any accompanying notes in RedRover's Salesforce database system Process membership thank you letters in Salesforce; adding, updating and running letters in DocGen, printing and preparing the letters we process in-house, and coordinating with vendors ensuring letters are mailed out in a timely manner Share reception duties with Administrative Executive Assistant, including answering main phones, responding to general inquiries, and answering the office door (1-3 days per week, schedule TBD) Monitor Membership email account Process donor credit cards and donor duplicates, and verifying donor matching gifts Send CFC donor thank you letters and gift reminder letters Mail duties including assisting with incoming and outgoing mail and packages, handling returned mail and any necessary follow-up Assist the Director of Development with both ongoing and seasonal projects Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development or the Director of Finance and Administration
Are you our new Membership and Administrative Assistant? This job is for you if you have:
- A passion for helping animals and people An Associate’s degree or at least two years of fundraising and/or accounting experience Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, process improvement abilities, possess an in-depth understanding of databases, data management, and data maintenance, with strong attention to detail and an analytical mindset Extraordinary organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, as well as outside vendors and other constituents A strong work tenure and ethic Adaptability and the ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters swiftly, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, within deadlines The ability to think interdependently, be a conscientious team-player, balance, and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a positive, professional attitude An eagerness to be an ambassador representing the organization’s brand Experience with Salesforce, Google Suite, Microsoft Office is required Knowledge of Asana, Fundraise Up, and Active Campaign a plus
Additionally, affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace are required. Candidates must be willing to embrace the organization’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization. Must maintain constituent (donors/volunteers/directors/employees) confidentiality and have reliable transportation to and from work.
This position requires:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail, very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors Expert level written and verbal communication skills Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability Emotional maturity Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
This position requires a diligent effort to promote, protect, and enhance the reputation and image of RedRover and its brand attributes: Caring, Respected, Unwavering, Inspirational, Vigilant. Attitude and behavior should attempt to elicit a favorable reaction from the membership, volunteers, and the public, and align with our mission and brand.
Equal Opportunity Employer: RedRover is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need, please include that in your resume materials. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the hiring process.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and preferred work schedule to employment@RedRover.org with “Membership and Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. Please follow these application instructions as only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered.