ATLFS Education Director Part-Time Job Description
The Education Director will work directly with the Managing Director to manage overall program development, administration, and supervision of the education programs during the Atlanta Film Festival, specifically the Creative Conference, and the year-round education programming of the Atlanta Film Society. The Education Director will direct the Education Coordinator overseeing events, the part-time site coordinators and consultants hired for the programs.
- Reports to Managing Director
- Commitment to the ATLFS Mission Statement
- Attend all ATLFS Staff, Department Meetings and weekly Director meetings
- Lead the Education Programming for the festival and year-round
Tasked to direct the development, quality control, logistical, operational and informational processes for our educational programs, including but not limited to;
- Creative Conference during the 2023 Atlanta Film Festival, April 20-30, 2023 (Education Director works with the Creative Conference Director, Linda Burns, to plan this event)
- Classes, Workshops & Webinars (year-round)
- Eat, Drink & B-Indie (year-round, once per month)
- Developing Educational Outreach Initiatives (year-round)
- Directing the reconciliation of bills and ensuring that final settlements are completed.
- Managing instructor agreements that spell class details (for registration classes)
- Managing the confirmation of necessary facilities and equipment for programs
- Coordinating with ATLFS staff on ticketing, marketing, tech support, etc.
- Tracking & measuring educational impact & revenue for fundraising purposes and against annual goals.
- Vetting of new instructors for appropriateness
Salary & PTO (Avg of 20 Hrs/Wk Part-Time Position - Hours increase during the festival):
- $25,000 (paid as an employee w/ taxes taken out)
- 6 Days PTO
- UP TO 39 DAYS PAID HOLIDAY VACATION & OFFICE CLOSURE DAYS:
- January New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Third Monday
- March/April Tuesday-Friday immediately following spring ATLFF
- May Memorial Day, Last Monday in May
- May – August Fridays off (Average 18)
- June Juneteenth: June 19th Freedom Day
- July Independence Day
- September Labor Day, First Monday in September
- November Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Friday following
- December Week of Christmas through New Year’s (reopening by 01/04)