National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum (NAPAWF) is the only organization focused on building power with AAPI women and girls to influence critical decisions that affect our lives, our families and our communities. Using a reproductive justice framework, we elevate AAPI women and girls to impact policy and drive systemic change in the United States.
NAPAWF was founded in 1996 to realize the vision of 100 AAPI women who recognized the need for an organization that would amplify AAPI women’s stories and experiences. Being seen and heard in the public narrative gives us the power to shape the policy and cultural change needed to gain agency over our lives, families, and communities.
Today, we are mobilizing and building power in cities across the United States to create social, political, and economic change for AAPI women and girls. We also show up in solidarity for other women of color who are experiencing injustice and harms of oppression and marginalization.
Our work is focused in the following strategies:
- Policy and Structural Change Organizing and Civic Engagement Legal Advocacy and Judicial Strategy
We use the Reproductive Justice lens to intersectionally address three core issues:
- Reproductive Rights and Health Economic Justice Immigration and Racial Justice
The Grants Coordinator will be a part of as part of a dynamic fundraising team where they will support the grants portfolio by keeping track of deadlines, requirements, and payments. The successful candidate will thrive on being detail oriented and keeping everyone on track.
- Managing the foundation grants portfolio
- Manage the proposal and report-editing process; and
- Work with the finance team to ensure the completion of budgets and financial reporting.
- Assist with prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship of grant supporters
- Support the Chief Development Officer in managing foundation relations;
- Identify and research new potential foundations
- Write summaries of grant requirements
- Support funder meetings by scheduling
- Provide talking points or background information on funders
- Oversee grant management and processing systems
- Tracking deadlines, inputting grants data, and tracking funder communications in our database
- Educate staff to ensure they understand the compliance requirements of grant contracts.
- Very organized and detail oriented. Able to prioritize multiple tasks. Strong research abilities. Mastery of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Commitment and passion to the mission of NAPAWF. Commitment to racial equity and social justice.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $45,000-50,000. A highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance. NAPAWF's medical plan is covered by NAPAWF at 100% for employees and dependents with no out of pocket costs, including prescription drugs costs. Qualified dependents may also be covered.
NAPAWF offers full-time employees 15 days of vacation in the first year, sick leave, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave, as well as paid vacation between December 25 and January 2 of each year.
This position is based in an office setting and requires regularly being able to sit or stand and perform computer based work, occasional lifting and travel may be required
NAPAWF is committed to public health, and to the safety and well being of our colleagues and visitors. As such we have adopted a policy requiring all employees to receive all recommended COVID-19 vaccines and boosters or to apply for and receive an exemption.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.