Background on Westside Future Fund
The Westside Future Fund, Inc. ("WFF") is a nonprofit organization founded in 2014 by leading Atlanta corporations, the Atlanta mayor, and other local organizations. Our vision is to help the Historic Westside neighborhoods develop into a community Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would be proud to call home. Our focus neighborhoods include English Avenue, Vine City, Ashview Heights, and the Atlanta University Center. WFF is place-based but people-focused as we help deliver economic mobility to current and future residents of these historic neighborhoods.
Since its launch, WFF has rapidly evolved as an organization in service of its holistic strategy. WFF now drives four core impact strategies: mixed-income communities, cradle to career education, health and wellness, and public safety. We do not do this alone but in partnership with a wide variety of public, nonprofit, educational, and private organizations. In serving as the nerve center of the effort, WFF is strategic and intentional about its role in an impact area. See attachment 1 for an explanation of roles.
In its role as "Accelerator” – WFF raises and deploys funds to support programs and outcomes in its mixed-income communities and cradle to career impact strategies. This includes the Anti-Displacement Tax Fund and the acquisition/development of mixed-income housing. Our "Home on the Westside" program helps residents with a current or past historical connection to the community secure affordable housing in the community. In support of its cradle-to-career impact strategy, WFF has a formal partnership agreement with Atlanta Public Schools to specifically support the schools in the Booker T. Washington cluster. WFF is not a foundation or endowment. As a result, we must consistently raise funds to support our objectives in these two impact areas.
In its role as "amplifier" – WFF champions other nonprofits and community organizations working across one of its four impact strategy areas. Often the WFF executes Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with impact partners to ensure alignment of goals and roles/responsibilities.
The Development Manager is responsible for assisting with the recruitment and retention of donors, managing projects as assigned by the Development team and implementing best practices related to donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The Manager will also utilize fundraising software and the CRM database for required record keeping and reporting.
The Development Manager reports to the Major Gifts Officer (MGO) and is an integral part of the Development team.
- Support the Development team to engage current and prospective donors. Ensure all donor records, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activity is accurately recorded in the CRM database and manage follow up in partnership with the Development team. Create staffing documents for CEO, Development team, and WFF leadership as needed for donor visits/tours. Manage donor event logistics including coordination of invitations and guest list, venue booking, run-of-show, food and beverage, etc. Create and distribute monthly donor stewardship activity report and calendar. Coordinate and maintain an annual organizational calendar of donor cultivation and stewardship activities and strategies to include events, tours, stewardship reports, newsletters, etc.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience required
Skills and Experiences
- Passionate to help Historic Westside neighborhoods revitalize and develop into a community Dr. King would be proud to call home. 2-3 years successful experience in supporting Development programs.
- 1-3 years successful experience in project management or event execution.
- Strong computer literacy using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) and CRM databases (e.g., Salesforce).
- Possess a high level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills including planning, attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with excellent compensation and benefits.