Who we are:
For over 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create over 385,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery, and training to their doorsteps.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have created a team of nationally recognized experts who are dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and paid time off, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for Senior Program Manager (SPM).
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA, and will be part of CSH’s hybrid work model. Candidates must live in the Los Angeles area.
What you will do:
- Enhance the delivery of quality supportive housing services to specialty populations, including older adults and individuals with high acuity needs.
- Manage projects ensuring clearly defined team roles, on-time and on-budget deliverables, and delivery of quality products. CSH expects project managers to foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high-quality performance.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships and partnerships with key community stakeholders. Cultivate new relationships and funding opportunities including fielding and responding to external requests for resources and support. Participate in team fund development activities.
- Create and deliver in-person and virtual technical assistance (TA), trainings, and webinars on supportive housing. In all TA, incorporate an emphasis on racial equity and community ownership, to prioritize and advance racial equity in all CSH-led projects by addressing racial disparities in housing and services, and to engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
- Provide system transformation support to government partnerships across homeless, healthcare, criminal justice, family and youth, veterans, and supportive housing partners and providers.
- Identify opportunities and learnings from projects, to disseminate recommendations and impact across CSH teams and regions, making appropriate connections to share knowledge, experience, and advice. Support business development and teamwork planning.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission.
Specifically, we are seeking:
- Experience in supportive housing, affordable housing, behavioral and primary healthcare, community development, and/or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias, white dominant culture and structures of power, and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Project management experience, with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage project teams, project budgets, and deadlines with moderate supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, facilitation and training, active listening, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socially diverse communities.
- CSH uses a Microsoft Office environment. Proficiency is required or a commitment to self-learn and achieve proficiency upon hire.
- Candidates seeking to work remotely or hybrid must provide their own access to a secure high-speed internet signal (preferably hard-wired) at a capacity sufficient to support video, web, and email processing simultaneously based on their personal work environment. This is typically 100Mb and above.
- Frequent local and regional travel and occasional national travel required (when it is safe to do so, once in-person gatherings resume.) Estimated travel is 10-25% of the time once travel resumes.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries based on geographic location. The salary range for our SPM in Los Angeles is $78,000 - $98,000. It is customary for candidates to join CSH at the lower half of the range to leave room for candidates to grow, expand, and develop in the role and range. It is uncommon for starting salaries to fall above the mid-point. We negotiate actual salaries with final candidates based on their exact location, experience in similar roles, and expertise related to the qualifications. This information is offered in support of our commitment to transparency.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply through the link. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.