Development Associate (Full-Time)
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering high-quality surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need domestically and around the world. MedShare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Associate to support a growing national development team.
The Development Associate will be an enthusiastic, effective customer-service orientated professional who will collaborate, develop, and manage an efficient infrastructure that leads to national fundraising success. Drafting and coordinating compelling content for grant submission and conducting prospect research are the two primary responsibilities for the individual in this role. The Development Associate will focus on prospect and proposal development and management, grants, reporting, tracking and stewardship, the candidate will be crosstrained on gift processing and data security to support national fundraising strategies.
The Development Associate will provide research and prospecting information to relationship managers; draft content for funding requests, grants and sponsorship proposals and support mailings, appeals and donor stewardship activity. The Development Associate will collaborate and aid in the implementation of procedures that create a culture of philanthropy within MedShare. The successful candidate with work strategically with the National Development Manager, Development Database Associate, and the team of 6-8 relationship managers/fundraisers to directly benefit MedShare’s global mission, national programs, and local impact.
This is an incredible opportunity for an early to mid-career fundraiser enthusiastic about growing the existing donor-base and increasing annual fundraising through effective prospect management, donor cultivation and stewardship. This role requires a resourceful individual who is adept at strategic engagement with prospective donors and mission ambassadors.
Reports to: National Development Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, update, and manage the prospect management process.
- Coordinate and support fundraisers with prospecting needs and prospect process. Includes tracking goals and priorities.
- Advise on the status of all prospect management actions.
- Supply prospect research on corporations, foundations, individuals, and government funding opportunities.
- Assess and glean relevant information from a variety of resources (internet research/networking/other resources) to identify and qualify prospects.
- Strengthen relationships with donors by co-creating purpose–driven appeals, providing prompt impact reports and relevant stewardship touchpoints.
- Develop comprehensive reports to prove the Development team’s success to all stakeholders.
- Lead the creation and analysis of reports and donor lists that support strategic fundraising efforts.
- Conduct research to prepare key staff members for meetings, tours, conferences, and other presentations. Produce prospect research profiles for fundraising targets.
- Assist with general correspondence, proposal writing, solicitations, reporting, and stewardship,
- Develop grant proposals and provide quality control on submissions, follow up with internal stakeholders to gather information and application data.
- Support the efficient management of an active grant portfolio and processes.
- Support fundraising appeals and acknowledgment processes.
- Provide back-up support to donor database and its functions. Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals, and procedures.
- Organize and schedule meetings.
- Work with fundraising team to coordinate and plan cultivation and fundraising events. This may require occasional domestic travel
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant fundraising experience with knowledge of fundraising principles and practice. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience supplying development services.
- Excellent diligence and conscientious ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for community service, international development, and MedShare’s mission.
- Highly organized, initiative-taker with good interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Ability to perform multiple detail-oriented tasks and priorities simultaneously, effectively, and efficiently in a challenging environment.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge donor database and CRM functions. Omatic, Classy, OneCause, Double the Donation, crowdfunding and wealth screening software experience is a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: jobs@medshare[dot]org with Development Associate in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.