Health, Housing & Homeless Services (H3)
$102,652.56 - $124,774.80 Annually
The Health, Housing, and Homeless (H3) Services Division is offering an excellent employment opportunity as a Homeless Services Chief in Concord, CA. H3 is committed to making homelessness short-lived and non-recurring by ensuring an integrated system of housing and support services for persons experiencing homelessness in Contra Costa County. The homeless service delivery system includes street outreach, respite and emergency shelters, independent living programs for transition-age youth, and permanent supportive housing for adults, youth, and families.
The Homeless Services Chief position will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and oversight of the administration and operations of the Richmond/Contra Costa homeless continuum of care. Some key responsibilities include coordinating entry processes, emergency management, and planning activities. While professional qualifications are essential, the emphasis of this position is on a high degree of executive ability as well as demonstrated leadership, administrative management, and training skills.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to formulate goals and implement procedures to meet program objectives
- Values working collaboratively with diverse communities, agencies, and other program administrators
- Is able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and prepare clear and concise correspondence and reports
- Is able to work effectively with constituents, advocacy groups, community agencies and the general public
- Acknowledges and respects cultural and linguistic differences of the County’s diverse population
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction, drive improvement, and advance equity within our Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC)
- Ensuring compliance of system and program level operations with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and best practices using evaluation, monitoring, and training
- Coordinating quality improvement efforts, including identifying technical assistance needs, community processes, and ensuring transparency, equity and use of data in participation, design, decision-making, and implementation
- Participating on homeless services and housing related committees and task forces and representing the division at various meetings
- Working alongside and collaborating with a vast array of homeless service providers, governmental leadership, advocacy groups, and law enforcement
A few reasons you might love this job:
- Great opportunity to make a lasting impact on homelessness in Contra Costa County
- Creating a strong continuum of services for formerly homeless people
- See a project develop from the very beginning
- Strategic planning
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- Reaching out to Federal, state, local and private sources of financing for affordable housing, interim housing and housing services
- Working collaboratively with a complex team, multiple Contra Costa County departments, and outside consultants
- Managing complex projects that reflect attention to detail, time management skills, and ability to stay focused and organized
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicles Operator's License. Out of state valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Social/Behavioral Science or Business/Public Administration or a closely related field.
Experience: Three years of full-time experience, or its equivalent, managing a behavioral health, health services, or social services program in a public or non-profit agency, which included staff supervision, budget and contract management responsibilities.
Substitution: A Bachelor’s degree and two additional years of qualifying experience as noted above may be substituted for the Master’s degree.
Closing Date: August 21, 2022
To read the complete job description and apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/jobs/3527569/homeless-services-chief?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs or our Careers page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta.
Equal Opportunity Employer