About Humanity Communications Collective
Humanity Communications Collective is a boutique, social justice driven, strategic communications consulting group focused on making human and emotional connections through real talk - digitally and in real life. Woman of color-owned with female-identifying and people of color experts, Humanity ensures that people are at the center of your communication strategy. Humanity Communications Collective is composed of independent, values-aligned, digital communications strategists who come together to serve a broad range of clients. To learn more about us, visit https://humanitycom.com/ or @humanitycomm across all social channels.
What We Believe In
We’re committed to an entrepreneurial mindset.
Team members are responsible for thinking of ways to enhance and grow their work with us. We want you to bring your ideas, your joy, and your expertise to this role.
Accountability and honesty are keys to our growth.
We are deadline-driven and ask for help. We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct them. We are honest about how things are going – the good, the bad, and the ugly. We celebrate the good and learn from the bad and the ugly.
One metric of success is how we help others.
When our team members and clients are successful, we all win.
What We Offer
Working at Humanity means working on your own time (you just need to meet set deadlines), a flexible vacation policy, and the opportunity to work from home. It also means getting the chance to make a real difference in the world via the social-justice and impact driven clients that we serve.
We value our team and want each person to be healthy and happy working for Humanity Communications Collective. Our benefits include:
- Flexible work from home culture
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Wellness benefits such as continuing education, mental health, physical health, or remote workspace supplies!
$65,000 to $75,000 annually, depending on experience in addition to the above-stated benefits
How to Apply
Provide a resume + cover letter detailing:
1) Why you want to work at Humanity; and
2) Why you feel you would be a good fit for this role.
About the Role
Reporting to the firm’s Partner & Director, this position acts as the primary point of contact between our clients and the HCC digital marketing, media and public relations, and project management teams. You’ll oversee client relations and plan servicing while motivating team members to execute a wide range of digital marketing initiatives to a high degree of client satisfaction. To ensure success as a digital marketing account manager, you must understand all facets of digital marketing, be able to interpret client digital marketing needs, have a thirst for bringing joy to the client experience, and have a knack for inspiring team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
Client Account Servicing and Relationship Management
- Oversee day-to-day account activities for HCC’s portfolio of clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships, driving client retention and renewals
- Understand clients' business goals and creatively solve problems
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all client account issues and resolutions
- Expand the business relationship with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement
- Partner with, inspire, and motivate internal cross-functional teams: project management, operations, creative, strategy, and finance to ensure client service and performance metrics are met
Digital Marketing Plan Servicing
- Manage client digital marketing plan servicing from development to implementation, in collaboration with leadership and the creative team
- Manage the execution of, and engage in client account activities to ensure client satisfaction with brand design, day-to-day social media management, events, fundraising, and website management
- Optimize, track and analyze the performance of digital marketing and communications plans. Regularly communicate the progress of client plans and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with HCC leadership on digital communications training workshops to ensure clients are satisfactorily trained to optimize their digital marketing strategy for business growth
- Have a deep understanding of our platform, systems, product offerings, and partnerships to support consultation on plan strategy and campaign delivery success
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute digital marketing strategy and having a holistic understanding of all digital marketing components
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience providing digital marketing for social justice organizations, businesses and/or nonprofits
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve individual and company success
- Proven track record of inspiring and motivating teams and building a strong culture of service excellence
- A keen interest in delivering fanatical customer service with an eye toward being solution-oriented
- Demonstrated experience applying and/or managing digital marketing principles for social media, content development, production, and strategy
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and service marketing plans and campaigns
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Canva and/or other graphic design software. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Commitment to life-long learning
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications strongly preferred but not required. Work experience is accepted in place of college education.
- Three to five years of experience working in digital marketing, communications, or related field required with supervisory experience preferred. Experience and interest working with nonprofit and/or social justice causes a plus.
- Demonstrated experience building strong working relationships, client relationship building, and managing client accounts in the digital marketing space
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods
- Prolonged periods working on a computer
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
We’re a nimble and growing company. This job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you’ll do, but to give you an idea of your daily work at Humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Please follow all instructions for applying above. Note that individual selected must be eligible to work lawfully in the United States (US), proof of eligibility must be provided if selected for hire.