The Finance Director is responsible for administering the programs, policies, and goals of the Athens Land Trust and works with the Board to establish these. Responsibilities include all accounting functions, payroll and human resource administration, internal financial reporting, financial grant management, budgeting, and Audit/Tax preparation and coordination. The Finance Director is responsible for the day‐to‐day financial management of ALT and is under direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Specific Duties are as Follows:
- Responsible for the financial management of all federal, state, local and foundation grants and other programs and projects as they arise.
- Manage ALT’s banking and investment accounts, manage cash flow of organization. • Prepare organizational and grant/project budgets in concert with program directors, Finance Committee and Executive Director. Prepare actual‐to‐budget analysis and present financial results to Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Manage ALT’s commercial and personnel insurance policies.
- Preparation and submission of all grant-related financial reporting and monitoring. Collaborate with Program Directors and Development staff on budget creation for new grants and projects.
- Oversee all financial aspects of ALT: prepare payroll checks using the QuickBooks program, prepare monthly and quarterly payroll liabilities payments, prepare check requests for vendor invoices, prepare bank deposits, pay bills, coordinate signing of checks, oversee QuickBooks data entry and reporting.
- Administer benefits plans including group health, dental and vision plans and retirement plans. • Maintain all financial records in compliance with organization records retention policy.
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of annual independent Audit, 990 Tax Return, and other audits/monitoring as they arise. Prepare payroll tax returns, W2s and 1099s.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines as it relates to grant financial management, payroll taxes, income and sales tax. Ensure 501c(3) status is maintained. Manage all permit and licensing for organization.
- Oversee ALT’s Google Aps account and maintain staff email domains
- Other Office Administrative duties as directed.
All ALT Employees:
- ∙ Be in the office according to a predetermined schedule to answer email and messages, prepare detailed timesheets, coordinate with fellow staff
- ∙ Attend weekly staff meetings
- ∙ Be part of a team—provide support for all staff members in their respective duties
- ∙ Five or more years of accounting experience, non‐profit experience preferred.
- ∙ Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Google applications; interest and ability to learn new technology systems.
- ∙ Understanding of grants, federal funding, and grant reporting.
- ∙ Data entry and proficiency in computer skills.
- ∙ Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills. Detail-oriented and meticulous attention to accuracy and timeliness in record keeping, problem-solving and data tracking.
- ∙ Ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- ∙ Experience supporting and managing employees
To apply, please send a resume and a letter of interest to Chadsity Young, Director of Operations at chadsity@athenslandtrust[dot]org.