The Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) seeks a motivated Program Manager to support our flagship research transparency initiative, the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS). This is an opportunity for candidates who are passionate about social science research; want to contribute to positive change within the scientific community; and have a strong desire to expand and deepen their skills in project management, strategic planning, and partnership development.
CEGA generates innovative research and ideas that leaders can use to improve policies, programs, and people’s lives. Headquartered at the University of California, Berkeley, our academic network includes more than 140 faculty, 65 scholars from low- and middle-income countries, and hundreds of graduate students–from across academic disciplines and across the globe–to produce rigorous evidence about what works to expand education, health, and economic opportunities for people living in poverty.
CEGA is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion – please read our values statement: https://cega.berkeley.edu/values/
The BITSS Program Manager will manage the implementation of projects that fall under the BITSS portfolio, as well as program communications, event organization, and research. They will also support general administration and contribute to BITSS’s institutionalization, training, and research projects. The incumbent will be a proactive team player with project management experience and knowledge of the academic research process. Responsibilities include the following:
- Fundraising & Donor/Financial Management (30%)
- Program Implementation (40%)
- Events and Communications (20%)
- Center responsibilities (10%)
- BA/BS in Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, or related field with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Well-versed in issues related to research transparency subject matter (publication bias; p-hacking; pre-analysis plans; selective reporting; reporting guidelines; reproducibility; open data), and solutions for improved transparency (pre-registration and pre-analysis plans, data sharing, version control software, and other).
- Strong financial and project management skills and familiarity with academic research grant-making.
- Strong skills in short-term and long-term planning, analysis, problem-anticipation and -solving; ability to independently investigate solutions to challenges and anticipate leadership/sponsor needs.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of evidence-based policy-making. Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
For full position description, please visit: https://cega.berkeley.edu/career/program-manager-berkeley-initiative-for-transparency-in-the-social-sciences/
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience; the approximate annual range for this position is $80,000 – 100,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through the UC Berkeley jobs website careers.berkeley.edu, using Job ID #36648. Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. In addition to a current CV, candidates should submit a cover letter outlining (1) qualifications for the responsibilities listed above, (2) specific interest in the position, and (3) three academic and/or professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Please note CEGA will only hire individuals who are eligible to work in the US, either through an Optional Practical Training (OPT) visa or as a result of being US citizen or permanent resident.