POSITION: Event Recruitment Representative - health. moves. minds.®
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Partnerships, Social Impact & Education
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, base salary of $24,000 plus commission - potential first year $53.000+
ABOUT SHAPE AMERICA: SHAPE America — Society of Health and Physical Educators serves as the voice for 200,000+ health and physical education professionals across the United States. The organization’s extensive community includes a diverse membership of health and physical educators, as well as advocates, supporters, and 50 state affiliate organizations.
Since its founding in 1885, the organization has defined excellence in physical education. For decades, SHAPE America’s National Standards for K-12 Physical Education have served as the foundation for well-designed physical education programs across the country. Additionally, the organization help develop and owns the National Health Education Standards.
SHAPE America provides programs, resources and advocacy that support an inclusive, active, kinder and healthier school culture and champions health and physical educators at every level, from preschool to university graduate programs. Our school-based service-learning program — health. moves. minds. — helps teachers and schools incorporate social and emotional learning so students can thrive physically and emotionally, while raising funds to build and increase capacity for school health and PE programs.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides you with the opportunity to impact schools so they can receive funds and resources to create a healthier school community environment. The Event Recruitment Representative will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with administrators, health and physical educators at schools across the states of Kentucky and Missouri, with a goal to recruit them to participate in a successful health. moves. minds.® Fundraiser. This fundraiser benefits their school and a charity of their choice in one event, providing an opportunity to receive funding for new PE equipment and education resources for their school and funds for their charity of choice. It also benefits their state health and physical education association.
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Senior Manager, Community Initiatives & Social Impact
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
- Cultivate, secure and retain school participation using sales methods and tools.
- Coach and motivate health. moves. minds.® fundraising event leaders to complete their fundraiser.
- Conduct virtual meetings and presentations via Microsoft Teams and/or Zoom.
- Serve as first point of contact for school contacts being recruited.
- Respond to inquiries with empathy and urgency and perform active follow-up to ensure satisfaction. Foster retention strategies with fundraising schools you recruit.
- Represent SHAPE America’s health. moves. minds.® program during the SHAPE America National Convention & Expo and state conferences in KY and MO. Maintain a professional demeanor whenever representing SHAPE America internally or externally.
- In consultation with the Senior Manager, achieve recruitment and revenue goals for health. moves. minds.® Fundraising program.
- Utilize telephone and virtual platform solicitation, electronic and written correspondence as tools to reach and exceed budgeted recruitment and revenue targets.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products for presentations, spreadsheets, Outlook email and the ability to learn new platforms.
- Maintain accurate records and sales activity in database.
- Maintain and update current recruitment activities as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or four years of additional relevant professional-level work experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. Experience in fundraising event development or sales required; school fundraising recruitment experience preferred. Excellent knowledge of a variety of software including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are necessary. Familiarity with Blackbaud’s TeamRaiser platform is a plus. Willingness to learn new systems and software, including Airtable, is required. Demonstrated ability to communicate volunteer needs and resolve issues. Proven ability to effectively present information both electronically and in person and direct inquiries and questions to customer care in a timely manner. Ability to meet multiple deadlines, coordinate details and work independently. Strong goal achievement skills, communication skills and an excellent customer service mindset needed.
LOCATION: SHAPE America is a fully remote organization. Less than 25% travel for the SHAPE America National Convention & Expo, state conferences (KY and MO), and potential school visits, as necessary. Preference may be given to candidates located in KY and MO due to ease of travel within the region.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week (Exempt)
BENEFITS: SHAPE America offers competitive benefits, including paid holidays, annual and sick leave, company paid health insurance, matching 403(b) plan, and more.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@shapeamerica.org with “ERR” noted in the subject line.
SHAPE America is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law.