ABWT is seeking a full time Senior Director of Operations and Compliance to support the Executive Director in creating and implementing organizational budgets and fundraising plans, managing compliance for three legal entities: a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and 527 and providing daily office management to the organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and manage systems, work closely with vendors, and meet deadlines. Additionally, the candidate should have significant professional experience supporting operations work of a nonprofit organization or political campaign.
About A Better Wisconsin Together
A Better Wisconsin Together (ABWT), a progressive state communications and research hub in Wisconsin, is seeking a compliance and fundraising manager to join our team. We’re an advocacy organization focused on public policy and serving as a center for progressive message development, testing, and communications. This is an exciting position where you will be building an innovative organization to advance progressive values and policies. Along with rapid response and earned media, ABWT will engage Wisconsinites on issues using paid digital, television and radio communications.
This position is based in Madison, Wisconsin, but may require some travel, as well as evening and weekend hours, as needed. We are a small, nimble team working in a fast-paced environment on the frontlines of the fight to advance progressive values and policies in Wisconsin.
- Directing all day-to-day operations and compliance functions
- Oversee and manage the organization’s budget
- Work with the Executive Director to meet the organization’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals
- Manage vendor relationships for payroll and benefits and oversee payroll processing and payroll tax processing
- Provide administrative support for all accounting and compliance needs including handling state and federal compliance reports
- Developing and implementing systems to support the organization’s HR and finance functions
- Providing general office support like scheduling, communications, meeting and travel arrangements, conference planning and logistics
- Other duties as assigned
We are seeking candidates who have excellent attention to detail and who are committed to innovation in communications and civic engagement. You should have:
- Experience successfully managing and growing a complex organizations human resources, finances, and operations
- Ability to take and implement feedback and work towards achieving ambitious goals
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Familiarity of federal and state campaign finance laws
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and an ability to oversee tracking and compliance systems
- A demonstrated commitment to disrupting racism and other systemic barriers in the advocacy world
Compensation depends on experience and is competitive. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Director of Operations and Compliance.
A Better Wisconsin Together is an equal opportunity employer. ABWT will not discriminate because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical disabilities, sexual orientation, color, gender identity characteristics or expression, marital status, veteran status, or medical condition. We strongly encourage LGBTQ, Women, People of Color and People with Disability to apply.