Permanent* / full time (40 hours per week)
*Offered on a 12-month contract basis initially, with possibility of extension / move to permanent contract.
Location: The successful candidate must be located in the Netherlands. Therefore interested candidates will need to be willing to relocate to take up this role. Full information on the relocation package and assistance will be provided to candidates who progress within the process. We offer competitive NGO level salary and benefits, the specifics of which will be shared with candidates before reaching the interview stage.
Greenpeace is a global campaigning network. It comprises 26 independent National/Regional Organisations and a coordinating organisation, Greenpeace International. Greenpeace uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Greenpeace International is looking for a Head of Global Finance to develop and ensure the implementation and execution of the Global Finance team’s annual plan and policies, building financial management capacity and expertise.
As a Head of Global Finance, you will proactively partner with the Greenpeace network finance community. Using business acumens, analytics and professional insights to drive efficiency, effectiveness and change to achieve organisational goals, you will work closely with International Programme and International Development departments at Greenpeace International (GPI) and contribute to GPI’s multi-year planning and budgeting and National/Regional Offices (NRO) funding allocation to GPI.
In this role you will:
- Actively contribute to the development and realisation of the overall Finance strategy and policy as a member of the International Finance Management Team.
- Translate the Finance strategy and policy into the Global Finance year plan and manage the budget, implementation and execution.
- Develop and implement global financial and funding policies, procedures, processes and tools.
- Lead the establishment, maintenance and development of capacity and expertise building of NROs.
- Ensure execution of all relevant processes regarding funding agreements and NRO contributions.
- Review financial reports and analyses constructed by team members and coordinate follow up.
- Actively participate in/lead Global (Financial) Projects by developing policies and advising/negotiating on their operational implementation.
- Represent the Global Finance team and ensure compliance with financial policies and regulations.
- Continually develop and strengthen proactive, professional and constructive working relationships to ensure a sustainable and accessible network.
- Lead, manage and develop team members, motivating and inspiring the team for effective performance.
- Manage a culture of excellence and change where optimisation, innovation and sharing of ideas and best practices is encouraged. Drive the positioning of global finance in the organisation.
For further details about the role, please see the full job description on our website.
What we’re looking for:
- Substantial relevant post qualification working experience with significant staff and team management experience, gained within an international / global organisation context.
- Professional accounting qualification preferred, otherwise: Postgraduate Degree in Business including a significant financial element.
- Proven experience of translating financial strategy and policy into an actionable plan.
- Ability to develop and implement global financial and funding policies, procedures, processes and tools, in line with regulations and evolving structures.
- Experience with change management: implementing and bringing about significant positive changes in work culture, practices and team’s performance.
- Experience in working with multicultural senior staff and teams and across borders
- Ability and track record of building and coordinating global networks and enabling expertise building.
- A sound knowledge of stakeholder management, able to develop trust and credibility with peers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Strong financial reporting and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication/organisational and line management skills
- Proven project management experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Ability to demonstrate support for and belief in Greenpeace core aims and values. Willingness to travel.
What you can expect:
You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. Staff can also access our wellness initiatives, such as yoga and meditation and also have the opportunity to join our global Equity, Diversity & Inclusion staff communities.
Please visit our careers site, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
If you share our vision, please visit our website via this advert to begin your application.
To apply for this role, we require you to answer a selection of key criteria and upload your CV (in English) via our online application form.
Addressing the key criteria is an important part of your application. We will be looking for evidence that demonstrates your skills and experience in these areas. Use examples where possible, to draw attention to experience, knowledge, achievements and skills gained in past employment or voluntary/leisure activities, provided they are relevant to the post.
It’s advisable to prepare your responses to the key criteria before starting your online application, as you are unable to save and return to it at a later date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please email us at recruitment.int@greenpeace[dot]org. Please note that all applications have to be filled out via the website and can't be submitted via this email.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply!
CLOSING DATE: 14th August 2022, 23:59 (CEST)