Kids Alive International (KAI) provides holistic services to vulnerable children and their families, working along a continuum focused on preventive, strengthening, restorative, and systems improvements efforts. KAI currently operates programs in 8 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. KAI is funded by a diverse range of private philanthropy approaches and sources and mobilizes and sends long-term missionaries. The organization operates with high ratings by agencies that monitor nonprofits.
At Kids Alive International, our staff have a committed personal Christian faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving children and families. We seek candidates who are in alignment with Christian theology and to KAI’s vision and mission, who put faith into practice, and who share our core beliefs: www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/what-we-believe/.
Kids Alive International (KAI), a Christian organization that has been serving vulnerable children for more than 100 years, is seeking a Vice President of Global People Operations. Kids Alive International President recently established this role to support the management team’s efforts to foster a culture of high performance. The VP will be charged with implementing excellent people systems and practices to support staff and operations worldwide.
The VP of Global People Operations will lead the human resources/people operations for the 700 staff members of Kids Alive International. Key responsibilities include developing a cohesive global HR team serving international program entities whose HR coordinators will have a matrixed relationship with this position and leading the headquarters’ six-person HR team (based in the US, Alpharetta, GA). The VP will enhance KAI’s people operations with a best practice approach to a full employee lifecycle with systems, policies, training, and risk management globally including a local implementation model.
The successful candidate will have experience developing a broad range of human resources practices, policies, and systems; they will bring experience developing and supporting successful adoption and implementation of HR systems and practices in an international context. They will be both strategic and a tactical leader who can put in place a more comprehensive HR system worldwide while also directly stepping in to support critical hires, provide coaching to local program staff, or resolve personnel issues. This individual will have excellent judgment, emotional intelligence, professional curiosity, and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution. They will have relevant experience and a keen ability to work well with senior management and staff at all levels of the organization in the US, UK, and in the program countries around the world.
The candidate will be prepared to travel up to 20% of the time to KAI’s international locations. The winning candidate would be expected to be in the office only three days per week.
- Champion Kids Alive’s desired organizational culture for staff globally, foremost by daily living out our values of faith, integrity, understanding, self-control, perseverance, devotion to God, mutual kindness, and love.
- Create, lead and mentor a cohesive and mutually supportive global HR team comprised of HR personnel from all eight program country entities, as well as headquarters; lead the development of HR best practices, policies, systems, and initiatives globally and design the approach to supporting effective HR in diverse program countries and environments.
- Create and direct the implementation of high-quality operational HR for all Kids Alive International entities, including:
- Management of the entire employee lifecycle, from recruitment through retirement or offboarding, in a manner designed to meet Kids Alive’s goals for staff to thrive
- Creating and implementing culturally adaptable performance management strategies and practices
- Implementation of secure and effective HR data management strategies, and the use of technological tools, systems, and metrics
- Ensuring compliance with labor laws internationally and in the USA, supporting audits as necessary
- Thorough navigation of employee relations issues including personally directing procedures or investigations regarding high-stakes situations, when necessary
- In collaboration with the executive team, country directors, and other organizational leaders, facilitate or participate in creating and implementing high-quality strategic HR for all Kids Alive International entities including enhanced internal communications and fair compensation.
Required Experience & Capabilities
- 10+ years of experience in progressive human resources and organizational development leadership across a wide range of HR functions including the full employee life cycle
- 3-5+ years of experience working in a global or international HR operations context
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent ideally with some focus in HR, Business or Organizational Development; Certification via HRCI or SHRM, or master’s degree a plus
- Experience developing a human resources system and infrastructure and experience putting new systems, practices, and policies in place successfully within a diverse system
- Willingness and ability to provide, along with the rest of the team, spiritual leadership through prayer and Biblical teaching, counsel, edification, exhortation, and discernment (such as during the team’s weekly devotional meeting and integrated into coaching and decision-making conversations)
- Experience working with international non-profits and/or Christian nonprofits preferred; familiarity with international labor laws and an understanding of the challenges of working globally, respecting and appreciating the diversity of people and cultures
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff at all levels of an organization around the world
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, HRIS etc.
Kids Alive offers competitive pay and benefits including 403B with employer contribution, quality and affordable health and dental insurance from day one, and an FSA. We anticipate paying the VP $120k-$140k, negotiable by candidate qualifications. Possible relocation bonus for the right candidate.
Please click apply to submit your cover letter and resume and fill out our application. If you have questions about Kids Alive International go to www.kidsalive.org.
For more information, see the full job description: https://www.kidsalive.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/JD-VP-Global-People-Operations.pdf
If questions about the position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org