Job Title: Inspira-Path to Success Program Coordinator
Type: Part Time
Department: Youth Services
The Inspira-Path to Success Program Coordinator will work to ensure High School seniors and beyond have a plan for their future, whether it be career oriented or college/ university oriented.
- Implement and enhance the Pathway to Success program
- Manage the College HUB initiative by providing one on one cancelling to students and creating events to promote college/university at this space.
- Assist in the Latino Youth Leadership Academy by collaborating with program manager in designated activities.
- Develop successful and trusting relationships with students, parents, partner organizations and schools to provide better information/ services to clients
- Evaluate program effectiveness and monitor progress.
- Monitor student academic progress to ensure student academic success.
- Serve as a liaison between cluster feeder schools, LAA, partners, and colleges to ensure all students are on track to graduate on time.
- Arrange field trips, college tours, enrichment activities and service-learning activities
- Must be flexible with hours, some weekend/evening hours are required
- Work with the team on the planning and implementation of the Latino Youth Leadership Conference.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (education, human services, or counseling)
- Experience working with middle and high school setting, or K-12 programs
- Must be a collaborative team player, detail oriented, have ability to work independently
- Have working knowledge on challenges and issues of immigrants,1st generation Latino students, low-income families, socially, economically and politically
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher), multimedia usage and database management
- Proficient bilingual English and Spanish oral and written language skills
- Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Send your resume to: evelez@thelaa[dot]org