Description: Lightway Recovery is seeking Recovery Mentors (multiple positions are available - both part-time and full-time) who enjoy diverse responsibilities and who have the ability to work closely with residents, and teammates, remaining hopeful and steadfast. This position offers the opportunity to gain experience to advance, with certifications, to a Recovery Mentor position. Our guests are with us for an intensive phase of 6 months and a transitional phase of 6 months. Recovery Mentors are critical to the smooth operations of Lightway Recovery. Their experience, strength and hope makes all the difference to women and their families who have been impacted by addiction.
Job Title: Recovery Mentor
Major areas of responsibility include: The Recovery Mentor assists residents and other staff with daily program operations, assists in keeping residents on schedule, serving as an example and mentor, attending meetings with residents, assisting with transporting residents, assisting with meals, observing and giving feedback on resident progress to recovery coaches.
At least one year of recovery
- A passion for serving individuals and families impacted by addiction
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to quickly connect with peers and family members, offering hope and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to record accurate data, prepare reports, use various software, facilitate groups and share your story
- Ability to communicate with peers, family members and coworkers in a positive way
- Desire to be part of a team of innovators who are always working to improve the services we offer and to support each other in an evolving environment
- Willingness and commitment to live by the Lightway code of ethics and Core Values
- Willingness to learn and grow through continuing education and training
- Assist with onboarding new residents so they have clear expectations and in depth understanding of living at Lightway Recovery
- Help team maintain schedule and adherence to house rules
- Assist with monitoring house chores
- Supervise kitchen operations
- Attend in-house and off site meetings with residents
- Though mentorship, support recovery wellness and spiritual growth
- Collaborate with team members regarding readiness for advancement of phases or consequences for noncompliance of residents
- Assist assessing curriculum for classes and in house groups
- Assist in observed medication management and drug screenings
- Document required information in software, maintaining complete confidentiality and following HIPPA standards for resident information
- Complete required certifications and continue to learn through training and CEUs
- Duties will evolve as we add to the team and the number of residents
Both part-time and full-time positions are available.
For full time, regular employees:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued from day one for full time employees and available for
- use after 90 days.
- Paid Holidays—since we are 7 day a week operation, some positions rotate holidays. Replacement holidays will be scheduled for those who work on a holiday.
- Phone Allowance of $50 per month,
- Reimbursement for mileage if business travel is required.
- AFLAC specified health policies and Vision and Dental Benefits available after 90 day