Are you a champion for economic equity?
Are you committed to tackling systemic opportunity gaps that have prevented adults from accessing professional careers and upward mobility?
Are you inspired to help StreetWise Partners drive impact and expand?
The mission of StreetWise Partners is to leverage mentorship to increase employment opportunities in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Michigan. StreetWise Partners pairs volunteers with mentees who are unemployed or underemployed to provide them with the skills, resources, and networks they need to secure and maintain employment.
For 25 years, StreetWise Partners has driven economic and career success for adults from overlooked and under-resourced communities. StreetWise Partners’ one-year mentoring program provides customized, individualized mentorship for internships and job seekers while helping them establish an expansive professional network made up of hundreds of advocates who open doors and support long term career success. StreetWise Partners launched its first program in New York City in 1997, expanded to Washington D.C. in 2006 and to Michigan in 2019. Since its inception, StreetWise Partners has served 8,000 mentees through the support of 15,000 mentors.
The Manager of Volunteer Engagement oversees the recruitment of 450+ mentors and 1,000 one-time volunteers each year in the NY program region. This is an exciting role for an individual who enjoys relationship development, community building, and volunteer activation in support of a program that provides economic equity to individuals from traditionally underserved communities. This position is very entrepreneurial, as the Manager will have the opportunity to craft a multi-faceted recruitment strategy and execution plan. The Manager serves as the lead for all NYC volunteer recruitment and will focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with corporate partners, hosting information sessions and social gatherings, conducting volunteer interviews, managing marketing materials and strategy, collecting recruitment data, and ensuring a positive, meaningful experience for all volunteers throughout their participation in the StreetWise Partners program.
- Manage the recruitment of 450+ mentors and 1,000 one-time volunteers – including the recruitment of new volunteers, returning volunteers, and volunteers from corporate partners - each year in collaboration with the corporate partnerships team; host information sessions and deepen relationships with existing volunteers to increase long-term retention.
- Support relationship-building with corporate partners to provide volunteers and in-kind program space.
- Drive the diversification of volunteer mentors in terms of race, age, and industry.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create marketing materials that excite our audience; draft communication outreach for the region that sells the program to all constituents
- Oversee the volunteer screening process; conduct volunteer interviews and drive acceptance/rejection recommendations.
- Provide task supervision for program interns to support the interview process; provide oversight on acceptance decisions.
- Participate in the mentor-mentee matching process for 300+ mentoring pairs each year; develop strategies to create strong matches based on industry, demographics, communication style, and personality traits.
- Onboard new volunteers through quarterly trainings.
- Plan volunteer engagement events including happy hours and networking events.
- Use Salesforce to track volunteer data including referral sources, relationships, and demographics; analyze data and reports to identify trends and opportunities to build expanded partnerships.
- Serve as a thought leader on volunteer recruitment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share lessons learned, creative ideas for problem solving, best practices and how to continuously improve service delivery.
- Represent the organization with integrity and enthusiasm at events and conferences. Bring creativity and curiosity to the job.
- Provide supervisor with regular progress reports and updates on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2-4 years of experience working with and recruiting volunteers; experience in, and affinity for, sales and business development is a must.
- Ability to navigate different constituents and environments; capable of engaging volunteers, donors, and corporate leaders equally and effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; public speaking and presentation skills are required.
- Committed to social justice and racial equity.
- Strong ability to develop and expand relationships.
- Comprehensive benefits package including 100% health care coverage for individuals.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Flexible work hours, select summer Fridays off and remote working opportunities post-COVID.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Volunteer Engagement” in subject line. No calls please. We will contact only those applicants with whom we plan to set up an interview.
StreetWise Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information about Streetwise Partners please visit: www.streetwisepartners.org