NPAG is a talent strategy and consulting firm dedicated to serving mission-driven organizations at the leading edge of movements to advance education, health, social and economic justice, and equity nationally and around the world. We provide organizational consulting, talent strategy, and executive search services that build the capacity of organizations and the social movements they support to address society’s most pressing problems.
Our success is evident in the high quality and long-term partnerships we have built with some of the most pioneering and impactful mission-driven organizations across the United States. Our placements at both the executive and team levels include renowned thought-leaders, disrupters, and changemakers who are bringing vision and innovation to the sectors they serve.
NPAG has also been recognized for the success of our 100% virtual consulting model which allows us to provide higher quality, a stronger value proposition, and fully flexible services to our clients. This same model also offers a creative, energetic, flexible, and family-friendly workplace for our employees.
NPAG has grown significantly since its founding in 2002 with accelerated growth in the last two years. This growth and success present a need to add another Research Associate to support the Research Department and NPAG’s ongoing efforts.
This position will be a part of NPAG’s Core Support/Operations Team and report directly to the CFOO with dotted line responsibilities to assigned NPAG leadership. The Research Associate will be responsible for identifying potential candidates and mapping relevant networks in a timely and effective way. This role will need to have a detailed understanding of the NPAG systems to ensure data and documents are effectively organized and maintained. As a critical team member, the Research Associate will assist the Research Department in entering, organizing, and reconciling profile data into our system in a way that is both accessible and understandable for the search teams and aid the search teams in identifying and creating efficiencies across engagements with overlapping relevant networks. This role will also stay abreast of current news and themes in the fields relevant to current searches and share learning and resources with those search teams.
The successful candidate will be highly detail-oriented who is a champion for data entry and systems, loves to multi-task, be able to prioritize and manage tasks in a dynamic environment, take pride in providing the highest quality of client and team support, be able to act nimbly and productively to meet shifting priorities and tight timelines, and be an active member of an amazing team of people who are passionate about the work we do.
This is a full-time, W-2 position. Candidates must be able to work effectively from home/remotely. Candidates should be willing to provide support outside of one’s standard business hours from time-to-time. However, our organization values a strong work/life balance and allows for individuals to craft a work schedule that matches their needs within the guideline of being able to effectively support team, candidate, and client schedules and deliverables.
The salary for this position will be $40,000-50,000/year, commensurate with experience. Benefits include an annual bonus, 401K plan with employer matching, and a generous health reimbursement plan (ICHRA).
Successful candidates will, first and foremost, be committed to serving the missions of our clients - including but not limited to their support of movements effecting change that advances racial equity and justice, immigrant rights, finance reform toward economic justice, child welfare, gender justice, educational excellence and opportunity, and environmental stewardship.
The ideal candidate will additionally have the following experience, skills, and competencies:
- A passion for and commitment to working with a team that is inspired by positive social change, driven to learn, and dedicated in its discipline to excellence.
- Comfort working within a remote environment (this position will be home-based).
- Ability to work independently and to problem-solve effectively balanced with the wisdom to know when to seek guidance.
- Ability to work across a team and to balance multiple lines of communication to ensure internal coordination.
- Strong proficiency with technology and data collection tools including spreadsheets, research terminology, and databases.
- Experience with data entry and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Ability to identify existing research and collect contacts to support the build of a deep and relevant candidate and sourcing pool for our searches.
- Availability during business hours (approximately 9am-5pm) and occasional evenings and weekends.
- Creative and curious approach to problem solving that incorporates a variety of traditional and non-traditional tools.
- Desire to contribute to a growing enterprise and the ability to proactively recommend areas for increasing efficiencies both within own position as well as company-wide.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and pride in quality work.
- Fluency and comfort with web-based technologies and apps such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, MS Teams, and Zoom as well as other facilitation and project/work management tools, such as Miro or similar.
More information about NPAG may be found at: npag.com
Candidates may submit a cover letter, sharing more about their interest in the opportunity and relevant experience engaging with people-related change efforts in their career, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
NPAG is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and strives for authentic inclusion. NPAG does not discriminate in employment based on any individual's race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and encourage all candidates to apply.