Would you like to join our award winning culture and establish a meaningful career in the nonprofit world?
Tommy Nobis Center offers you an opportunity to work for an organization that has been recognized as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation as well as being recognized by the Atlanta Journal Constitution as a Top Workplace in Atlanta!
Tommy Nobis Center offers an excellent benefit package, which includes generous time-off (PTO & holidays).
The Development Coordinator will be an integral part of the Development team’s innovation and execution by serving in an active role for each of the campaign areas executed throughout the fiscal year in support of reaching the overall yearly fundraising goal. The Development Coordinator in conjunction of the Director of Development will play an integral role with the Development Department by executing initiatives related to fundraising and prospect / donor relations. The Coordinator will compile metrics information (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) and will be responsible for tracking how well the Development Department is meeting their metrics. The Development Coordinator will also serve as the secondary contact for the Vehicle Donation program by accepting vehicle donations both online and in person, performing the necessary paperwork and problem-solving vehicle transactions resulting in a seamless donation process for the donor.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral part of the Development team’s innovation and execution by serving in an active role for each campaign being executed during the year (ex. GA Gives Day, End of Year Appeal, Galaxy of Stars, Corporate, Spring Appeal, etc.).
- Direct responsibility for the growth and maintenance of Tommy Nobis Center’s Sustaining Donor program.
- Resolve donor issues/questions within 48 hours.
- Prepare written responses or replies by phone or email to requests for information. Determine the course of action needed.
- Generate donor communications including tax documents, letters and other communications.
- Take an active role with the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies.
- Secure in-kind gifts for Tommy Nobis Center.
- Serve as the resident expert on the donor database and ensuring other team members are knowledgeable in all its functions. Will also serve as the point person for TNC with the donor base customer service team. Design and run reports and oversee database maintenance.
- Play an active role with the implementation of the Development Strategic Plan / Campaign Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals and special events.
- Compile metrics information (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) and will be responsible for tracking how well the Development Department is meeting their metrics. The Coordinator will keep the Director up to date weekly with metrics information.
- Serve as the secondary contact for Tommy Nobis Center’s Vehicle Donation program. The Coordinator will resolve or help to resolve any vehicle donation questions by donors.
- Play an active role for events and other committees, including taking meeting minutes and sending them to committee members in a timely fashion.
- Work with committees and Director of Development in adhering to event and department budgets.
- Record donations on an ongoing basis in the donor database and generate acknowledgements and thank you letters.
- Ensure the maintenance and design of the Development department’s portion of the Tommy Nobis Center website is accurate and up to date.
- Participate in cultivation and prospect / donor stewardship.
- Maintain promotional items for organizational distribution and collateral materials.
- Process invoices and payables to Accounting with approvals from department leadership.
- Serves as backup for front office.
- Assists with other specific projects as assigned.
- College degree in business administration or related field preferred, or
- Two years college/vocational-technical training with one-year practical experience,
- 3 years equivalent knowledge and experience.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- High “customer service orientation” in working with internal (employees) and external customers.
- Results oriented with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, accurate in completing work assignments.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with assigned duties.
- Ability to manage upward to foster Director efficiencies.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Windows environment in Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use of standard office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax machine, etc.
- Position continually requires demonstrated tact and diplomacy.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Hybrid Schedule: 1 Day Remote/4 Day Office
Salary Range: $35,360 - $41,000
Tommy Nobis Center offers a full package of benefits; some of which include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Generous holiday schedule – currently 15 paid holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Pet Insurance
- FSA for childcare, medical, parking and transportation
- Voluntary life for employee, spouse, and children
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
Tommy Nobis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drugs Don’t Work worksite and a participant in e-Verify.