As a critical member of Fountain House’s Network Services team, the Program Coordinator has overall responsibility for all aspects of administrative support and coordination of program and grant offerings for the National Network of Affiliates. The National Network is the country’s first national alliance of community-based mental health providers for people living with serious mental illness. Together, these organizations are working to strengthen and scale Fountain House’s evidence-based therapeutic model and to create a unified platform for expanding funding opportunities and driving national political and policy change for people living with serious mental illness.
Reporting to the Director of Network Relationships, the Program Coordinator will build relationships with Network affiliates and their staff and assist in the development and execution of special projects built to strengthen and expand the National Network. A significant part of their role includes working with other Fountain House teams to provide information, support, and guidance to Network affiliates, however they may need it.
Please Note: This unique new role is currently working remotely, but the requirement is to be located in or around the New York, Tri-state area!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the National Network, including coordination and maintenance of affiliate engagements (one-on-ones, meetings, etc.) and responsibility over internal and external communications (follow-up, response to request).
- Cultivate engagement and build out available resources in the Network’s online communication platform (Slack).
- Assist in the development and formatting of agendas, reports, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Facilitate the roll out of program initiatives to affiliates and assist in the transfer of information and knowledge from Fountain House teams (Policy, Research, Communications, Development, HR, Training) to Network affiliates.
- Manage the Network grant process, including inputting applicant data, tracking deadlines, and communicating with applicants and internal teams.
- Establish a system for maintaining and updating affiliate profiles to support the Network’s broader efforts.
- Support the Network’s fundraising efforts.
- Travel to affiliates as needed to provide on-site support (multi - state travel).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, exhibiting polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and online.
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and a willingness to learn new tasks and skills in the context of a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred or 3 -5 years experience in an administrative role
- Knowledge of appropriate software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, Slack, Teams, Asana, Salesforce, Zoom
- Valid driver’s license preferred
This job description is not a definitive list of tasks; rather it is designed to give an overview of the job. The post-holder is invited to use their own initiative and develop the job under guidance so that the organizations aims are achieved. It should be noted that the organization is dynamic and fast paced and it may be necessary to step beyond the areas outlined above to support others from time to time.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions