The Atlanta Opera seeks a dynamic Education Manager to support the Opera’s growing education and community engagement initiatives. The Education Manager will oversee the Opera’s education programs including The Atlanta Opera Studio Tour, which reaches over 30,000 students in Metro-Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia each year. The ideal candidate will possess initiative, a collaborative spirit, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects of varying natures. Success in this role requires someone who is imaginative, highly motivated, and service oriented.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Opera’s education programming including scheduling of in- school performances and workshops, marketing of education programs, and creation of curriculum/educational materials.
- Continue to strengthen and build new relationships with Georgia schools and venues, GMEA, and local arts networks to raise awareness about the Opera’s education program.
- Oversee student Final Dress Rehearsal Program.
- Oversee marketing and expansion of Digital Studio Tour program.
- Work with teaching artists to develop in-school opera workshops and residency curriculum.
- Oversee all marketing and education materials produced for programs.
- Maintain department calendar and scheduling.
- Create, distribute, and track survey data for all programs.
- Develop programs and strengthen relations with local universities.
- Support in creation of adult education programming offerings.
- Support in creation of digital education programming offerings.
- Assist with university programming and partnerships.
- Support company-wide Community Engagement, Veterans and EDI initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous arts administration or K-12 classroom experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design educational programming for diverse populations. Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage projects simultaneously. Self-starting and solution oriented.
- Patience, flexibility, and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education, Music, Theater, Education, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience in arts administration, arts education, or teaching.
- Knowledge of opera. (preferred)
- Knowledge of Georgia education community, education institutions, and school systems. (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season and Studio Tour.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.