Partnerships & Outreach Organizer (Temporary-to-Permanent for Four Months: July-October, 2022)
MovementForward, Inc. (MFI) is a modern, inclusive social change organization working to protect, promote, and advance the human & civil rights of all people. We are building a multiracial, multifaceted, and intergenerational movement for social justice, economic parity, educational equity, racial reconciliation, and global peace by bringing diverse people together to solve problems in innovative, inclusive, and solution-driven ways. Founded in 2015 by emerging faith leaders in Atlanta, MFI provides this generation of Americans a conciliatory voice to offer programs, projects, activism, empowerment opportunities, and targeted issue campaigns to advocate for one standard of justice regardless of race, class, gender, religion, or orientation.
Our mission is to further the work of building the "Beloved Community" envisioned by the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. via another generation of change agents who are committed to a peaceful, nonviolent practice of social activism. MFI’s goal is to engage people of every race, class, professional sector, and ideology in the continuing struggle for social justice, peace, and equality.
The Partnerships & Outreach Organizer will manage – including cultivating, supporting, and activating – MovementForward, Inc.’s (MFI) partnerships with civic, faith-based, law-enforcement, advocacy, service, philanthropic, and other community organizations within a select group of 5-10 states. The core objective of this role is to realize ambitious organizational benchmarks in the number of locally-organized activities in the Partnership Coordinator’s assigned states during MFI’s signature initiative “National Faith & Blue Weekend” (Faith & Blue) in October, 2022.
- Collaborating closely with MFI’s senior leadership to build, formalize, operationalize, and manage partnerships with state-based and local law enforcement agencies, including police departments, sheriffs’ offices, US attorneys, campus police, and other law enforcement within assigned states.
- Collaborating closely with MFI’s senior leadership to build, formalize, operationalize, and manage partnerships with state-based advocacy, social service, corporate, civic, and grassroots organizations within assigned states.
- Collaborating closely with MFI’s senior leadership to build, formalize, operationalize, and manage partnerships with faith-based organizations in the Protestant, Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and other religious communities on a state local basis within assigned states.
- Identifying and then working closely with a point person at each agency, community, and faith-based organization who will coordinate their participation in Faith & Blue.
- Cultivating and enhancing pre-existing relationships with organizations within the assigned states to significantly increase their participation in Faith & Blue.
- Coordinating opportunities for the CEO to address prospective and existing partner organizations to secure their participation in Faith & Blue.
- Activating all relationships to accomplish and exceed ambitious benchmarks in the number of locally-organized events within each assigned state.
- Realizing highly-specific goals in communication, including phone calls, emails, letters, and trainings to potential and secured partners, on a daily and weekly basis.
- Identifying and targeting organization participation and event registration that is representative of each state, including geographical location, type of agency, religious affiliation, demographic diversity, and size of community.
- Providing technical assistance, advice, and ongoing assistance to contacts within assigned states to support their locally organized activities.
- Directly leading planning and implementation of multiple MovementForward coordinated in-person and virtual events (“marquee events”) for Faith & Blue across the assigned states.
- Entering, managing, and updating data records of contacts in assigned states.
- Collaborating closely with colleagues on the planning and implementation of other organizational efforts.
- Creating digital and other forms of content as needed
- Engaging in other organizational activities and new initiatives as necessary, both in the focus area of partnerships and otherwise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Relationship oriented and able to engage with a wide array of partners
- Goal directed with a drive to realize ambitious and specific benchmarks in outputs (what the employee directly accomplishes) and outcomes (what the accomplishments produce)
- Experience in political campaigns, nonprofits, grassroots organizing, or event planning is valued
- Familiarity with law enforcement, national non-profits, or faith-based organizations is beneficial
- Experience with social media and digital communication is a plus
- Leadership bearing and experience with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Polished presenter, able to deliver strong presentations in-person and virtually
- Strong analytical, writing and reporting skills
- Self-starter and intentionally collaborative; able to work well within an emerging, growth-oriented, entrepreneurial team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- MovementForward, Inc. is a work from the office environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
* SPECIAL NOTE:
PLEASE NOTE THAT A STRONG WORK-EHTIC IS REQUIRED WE ARE A PURPOSE-DRIVEN “MOVEMENT” THAT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS A MISSION AND PASSION, NOT MERELY A JOB.