Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Blue Heron Nature Preserve in Atlanta, GA seeks a Part-Time Administrative Assistant for the support of fundraising, volunteer, and communications efforts with the Blue Heron Development Manager, including database administration, acknowledgements, and gift giving, to boost appreciation, awareness, and funding, for one of the most impressive parks in Atlanta and the region.
Our nonprofit organization connects children, teens, and adults with nature through innovative environmental education programs, conservation projects, and nature-inspired arts initiatives to promote appreciation, knowledge, and stewardship of the environment. The natural diversity of our wondrous woodlands, wetlands, riparian creek areas, and meadows inspires our commitment to offer high-quality programming for diverse audiences at the Preserve and across Atlanta.
Hours: 10 hours/week with 4 hours minimum onsite weekly at the Preserve
Compensation Range: $17-18/hour based on qualifications
Donor and Volunteer Database Management
- Implement donor and volunteer data entry
- Process acknowledgement and gifts for donors
- Onsite assistance during spring and fall fundraising events
- Provide administrative support for other tasks, as needed, for the Executive Director
- Create photography and written content for social media postings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Donor management software experience preferable with programs comparable to Neon
- Social media experience and familiarity with Hootsuite
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent photography and writing skills
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with the Atlanta area philanthropic community is appreciated.
Expected Start Date:
To Apply: Interested applicants should use the subject header “Administrative Assistant” in the email. Submit the cover letter and resume to: admin@bhnp[dot]org