Final Filing Date: Applications must be submitted by July 12, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST
To apply, submit a:
- Housing Authority Employment Application
- Resume (three pages maximum, include months/years of employment), and
- Responses to the supplemental questions (two pages maximum)
Your resume and supplemental questions must be in Word or pdf format and uploaded into the employment application form. You must apply by submitting your application at https://form.alamedahsg.org/Forms/ApplicationForm.
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is looking for an exceptional, process-oriented professional to provide complex program administrative support duties. The position currently open will provide support to the Housing Programs Department and the Property Operations Department including performing general customer service, administrative, and document production work. This is a non-exempt position. Work will be performed in the Housing Authority of the City of Alameda office; no telecommuting is available for this position.
Program Assistants must be capable of performing complex administrative and office support duties, including assisting in department-related projects and programs. The work has technical and programmatic aspects, requiring the interpretation and application of policies, procedures, and regulations, and involves frequent contact with Housing Authority staff, outside agencies, and the public, as well as performing various research functions. Please refer to the job description for the complete range of duties required of this position.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade, and Experience:
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible office administrative or secretarial experience.
- Additional specialized secretarial or clerical training is desirable
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment is required.
- Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.
- Preferred: Language skills in one or more of the agency’s Limited English proficiency languages (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Tagalog). Experience with Yardi (or housing related software) and Laserfiche is a plus; proficiency in common business software such as Microsoft Office Suite is required. Excellent customer service skills, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment are essential, as is the ability to organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
- Preferred: Knowledge of and experience with affordable housing programs, including Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8.