Candidates based in South Florida are highly encouraged to apply.
CARE is a major international humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development programming in over 100 countries. Our teams around the world are dedicated to the ambitious goal of eradicating global poverty by focusing on women and girls.
CARE’s Major Gifts team is looking for a new colleague! Join a collaborative and ambitious regional development team as a Director of Development responsible for a portfolio of 100 - 150 high net worth CARE supporters. Under the leadership of a Senior Director of Development, your role will be to deepen donor relationships, raise funds essential to the CARE mission and serve as a brand ambassador in an important market. You should be action-oriented, strategic and compassionate. If this is an environment you desire, please read more and apply-- we would love to meet you!
- The Director of Development plans, directs and coordinates fundraising activities for major and planned giving prospects and donors in the Southeast United States, with a particular focus on the South Florida market.
- The Director works with individual high net worth donors and family/private foundations to secure funding for CARE’s mission through unrestricted/flexible funding, restricted/designated gifts focused on CARE’s core programs, and planned gifts. This role will focus on current donors and also be expected to work with prospects to secure new donors. The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for their portfolio of donors/prospects.
- The Director is expected to maintain an active travel schedule of personal visits with donors and initiate one on one engagement and solicitation opportunities with donors and new prospects.
Fundraising & Stewardship
- Manage an active portfolio of 100-150 donors and prospects
- Solicit outright gifts of $10K+ in order to meet and exceed annual and quarterly fundraising goals
- Stay up to date on new fundraising trends like blended Major Gift
- Planned Giving gifts and cryptocurrency
- Develop and implement strategic engagement and solicitation strategies for all donors and prospects in portfolio
- Work with internal CARE teams to steward donor gifts with formal and informal updates as well as impact reports on secured gifts
- Build meaningful connections between donors/prospects and CARE, serving as a partner and liaison between supporters and the organization
- Keep donor records and pipelines updated in CARE's CRM system, Salesforce, in order to reflect strong donor management
Community Building & Prospecting
- Serve as the key Major Gifts team liaison for FL specific fundraising and engagement opportunities
- Expand CARE's footprint in the FL market, specifically the South Florida market
- Support community building strategies that include in-person events, virtual events, conferences, and 1:1 meetings in order to foster meaningful relationships and introduce CARE to an important market
- Engage and secure new-to-CARE donors in order to grow the funding from this region for CARE's work
- Partner closely with other CARE teams to stay apprised of opportunities to build relationships with donors and prospects
- Work in collaboration with internal CARE teams to ensure accurate donor data in all of CARE's systems including our CRM, Salesforce, our financial systems, and our grants management systems
- Minimum 4 years of professional fundraising and/or sales experience, ideally including at least 1 year in Major Gifts
- Fluent Spanish speaking and writing language skills
- Knowledge of the South Florida philanthropic environment
- Experience building an organization's profile in South Florida
- Experience at a large non-profit (annual budget of $100M+/yr)
- Experience with Salesforce as a donor CRM system
- Experience working with high net worth donors and prospects
- Familiarity with all aspects of fundraising concepts, including Planned Giving, Major Gifts and stewardship functions
- Passion for and commitment to CARE's mission and values - Proven ability to produce and manage multiple events and projects, from start to finish
- Excellent communication and writing skills, good judgment and discretion, and the ability to successfully interact with donors, board members, guest speakers and staff at all levels of the organization with respect and kindness
- Demonstrated ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with partners, donors and prospects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute fundraising strategies that integrate into the organization's mission, priorities and goals
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.