Women Engaged is seeking a full-time Atlanta-based Senior Manager, Movement Building who will oversee the WE Vote. WE Rise! Program and emerging campaigns for Women Engaged. This person will work with Executive Leadership to create cross-movement partnerships, develop ongoing issue, legislative, and civic engagement campaigns. They are responsible for drafting campaign goals and ensure we meet and/or exceed the goals of each campaign. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer Michelle Wilson.
About Women Engaged
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities
- Building authentic, meaningful relationships with teammates, civic leaders, and their teams Developing local campaigns, campaign actions, and outreach in partnership with civic leaders and support team members Providing direct, strategic support to civic leaders on campaign implementation Creating a trajectory of learning experiences and aligned materials to build canvasser and volunteer capacity and build on emerging leadership in the movement Set clear project goals for high-impact campaigns, objectives, and goals for internal and external meetings, and provide overall management to campaign and organizing projects. Build, maintain, and nurture Women Engaged’s network of partners, as assigned, by attending coalition meetings, strategizing through potential program partnerships, and deepening relationships Work in coordination with the Communications team on needs, crisis communications plans, and outreach support. Develop materials and reporting as needed on both successes and lessons learned from Movement Building and Organizing Projects. Development of monthly reports to track the impact of campaigns and engagements. Develop campaign plans and lead engagement on projects that further the goals of the campaigns including, but not limited to content creation, strategy development, events, and community education. Assist in identifying research needs to support program work. Develop work plans, evaluation schedule, professional development plan, and weekly check in process for the WE Vote. WE Rise! Program, reporting program staff members, and report on progress to Executive Leadership. Report to Executive Leadership on a regular basis on accomplishments, progress, challenges, and ideas to maximize efficiency, consistency, innovation, and impact. Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management. Evaluate, troubleshoot, and report on the impact of programs and special initiatives. Conduct yearly assessments of programs related to the role Provide high-level strategic advice to CEO and Executive Team on program development including targeting, electoral, and legislative opportunities Ensure that the program team understands and successfully navigates between 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 work Other duties as assigned.
Who should apply
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have a track record of successfully managing campaign teams, with extensive experience with base-building skills like phone banking and canvassing, as well experience utilizing campaign technology and databases. The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build strong relationships and trust across race, gender, class, and other identities Committed to advancing the vision and goals of Women Engaged Demonstrated background in base-building skills, like phone banking, door-to-door conversations, and social media networking. Substantial campaign leadership experience, with proven staff and volunteer management skills Exceptional problem solving and strategic and critical thinking skills Excellent organizational and time management skills Excellent computer skills and familiarity with programs such as the Voter Activation Network (VAN), Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Slack, including the ability to maintain and train others on these programs Ability to quickly learn new campaign technologies and train others to use them Must be able to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines Be a self-starter, attentive to detail, a team player and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistently high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work Exceptional problem solving and strategic and critical thinking skills Excellent organizational and time management skills Excellent customer service Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy Ability to manage up
- This position is full-time and based in the metro-Atlanta area.
- This position requires 20-35% travel, needs to have a vehicle, and drivers license.
- The salary for this position is $100,000 - $110,000. Women Engaged also offers a generous benefits package.
- The hours for this position are 9:30am-5:30pm, including some evenings and weekends.
Women Engaged is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal - Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life? Helpful - Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers? Resourceful - Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading - We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive. Pursuing Excellence - We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work. Engaging - We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.