People’s Resource Center (PRC) is hiring a 40 hours/week Bilingual English/Spanish Receptionist to greet guests, answer phones, enforce building protocols, and provide administrative support that is consistent with our mission and values. The Receptionist is part of the front office team supervised by the Office Manager. This position will be working at the Westmont location according to the following schedule:
- Tuesday 11am – 9pm (30-minute lunch break)
- Wednesday 11am – 9pm (30-minute lunch break)
- Thursday 11am – 9pm (30-minute lunch break)
- Friday 10am – 5pm (30-minute lunch break)
- Saturday 7am – 12pm
- Serve as the greeter for clients, employees, and volunteers providing accurate information based on program guidelines and/or directing them to their location
- Efficiently answer incoming calls, providing initial level of information to callers and/or transfer calls to appropriate part
- Provide initial level of program support as identified to callers including but not limited to making food pantry appointments
- Retrieve, document, and process phone messages from voicemail inbox for main number as well as other voicemails as instructed
- Perform building and security procedures that apply to front desk reception including but not limited to timely opening and closing of the building and operational readiness
- Assist with safety protocols and drills
- Maintain an active, accurate knowledge of programs, events, and activities
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of packages via USPS, UPS, FedEx and courier mail; distribute mail received from courier
- Monitor and maintain an adequate stock of general office supplies for the reception desk. Maintain supply of publications and brochures in the lobby
- Act as interpreter for Spanish speaking clients as requested
- Complete organizational mailings as requested
- Maintain a clean and tidy reception area, waiting area and kitchen
- Manage use of shared keys for the building according to procedures
- Provide administrative support to programs and facilities as assigned
- Commitment to PRC’s mission, values, and community focus
- Enjoys working in a social service organization and with clients
- Enjoys working in a not-for-profit atmosphere
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Able to work independently with some guidance and direction
- Able to exercise professional judgment to resolve moderately complex problems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work effectively with people from other countries and speaking other languages
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks at one-time
- Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, and commitment to teamwork
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet search engines
- Able to lift, pull or carry at least 25 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent credentials
- 2 years prior work experience in customer service, office management, or similar setting
PRC offers a generous compensation and benefits package to our full time employees, including:
- Medical insurance – HMO, PPO (80% Employer paid)
- Dental insurance – PPO (80% Employer paid)
- Short Term Disability & Life insurance (100% Employer paid)
- Flexible Spending Account participation
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and 3% company match
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 paid holidays
- Flexible work environment
People's Resource Center (PRC) is a not-for-profit, social service organization founded in 1975 by community members looking to help neighbors who were facing financial hardship. Inspired by social justice heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr., Dorothy Day and Jane Addams, founders Dorothy McIntyre, Father Tom Peyton and a group of volunteers sought to do more than start a local food pantry.
With a team of over 1,600 volunteers supported by 47 employees, PRC offers free emergency needs assistance and educational programming. Our emergency and basic needs services include food assistance, clothing, financial assistance, homelessness prevention services, and referrals for medical and dental care. Job search assistance, adult basic education and literacy, computer training and access, and art enrichment equip individuals with the tools and resources they need to build stronger futures.
PRC earned the highest possible rating from Charity Navigator for 12 consecutive years. Only 1% of charities rated have received this distinction, differentiating PRC from its peers, exemplifying the high standard of service at PRC, and indicating that PRC outperforms most other charities in America.
The values that guide our actions and decisions and that are embedded in our culture are:
- Dignity and Respect: Recognizing the dignity of each person who comes to us, we create a welcoming and respectful environment in all of our programs and communication.
- Creative and Innovative: We express our mission directly. We try things in the community. We are willing to jump in to new areas in order to address an unmet need.
- Responsible Stewards: We welcome those who need resources, as well as those with resources to share.
- Compassionate: We listen, we encourage, we try to get to know our families, we provide some help and guidance, we advocate, in a spirit of kindness and compassion.
- Integrity: We place a high priority in living out of our principles, in our relationships, programs, and organizational practices.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and minimum pay requirement