Global Village Project’s Donor Engagement Manager will be a central member of our Development & Volunteer Team, leading execution of our special events and fundraising campaigns during an exciting period of growth for the organization. If you love event planning and connecting with stakeholders; if you are looking for an opportunity to grow your strategic leadership in individual and major gifts fundraising; and if you want to pour your energy into work that helps advance educational equity for girls; we look forward to receiving your application. The Donor Engagement Specialist will report to our Director of Development as part of a cross-functional team that encompasses marketing & communications, fundraising, and volunteer management.
- Project manage GVP’s main fundraising events - The Global Village Welcome Walk and Tribute to Education - and support execution of community engagement events throughout the year.
- Support the Director of Development to create and carry out a fundraising plan to grow annual revenue.
- Refine strategy and lead implementation of fundraising campaigns for GVP’s annual fund, with particular focus on online giving opportunities and peer-to-peer fundraising to expand our baseline donor community.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Specialist to create strong, compelling marketing collateral for fundraising appeals and events.
- Support donor outreach and field questions/feedback with patience and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Conduct analysis of revenue data, donor trends, and fundraising KPIs.
- Supervise monthly and yearly reconciliation of fundraising and accounting data.
- Contribute to a culture that values community, collaboration, and belonging.
The successful candidate will need to be a powerful executor - someone with a proven track record in process and project management - who’s excited about the opportunity to exercise leadership in the many operations that underpin effective small-shop fundraising. Other preferred qualifications and commitments include:
- 3-5 Years of Professional Experience that aligns with the essential duties of the position. Examples of valuable background experience include but are not limited to: fundraising, marketing and sales, event planning, data analysis.
- Project Management Skill Set: Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, with attention to detail and deadlines and high standards for work product.
- Process-Oriented: Orientation towards building and improving processes, infrastructure, and workflows.
- Interpersonal Communication & Collaboration: Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative organization.
- Technological Savvy: High comfort navigating a tech stack that will include Google Suite, Salesforce, Flow Project Management, Zapier, and similar workflow products.
- Continual Improvement: Self-motivated and proactive commitment to ongoing learning and improvement, both as an individual and as part of a whole staff team.
- Small Shop Enthusiasm: Excitement about working in a small but mighty Development & Volunteer team, collaborating closely with one another and other staff to achieve GVP’s sustainability goals.
- Mission Alignment: Passion for empowering and educating refugee young women who face structural barriers to their education.
- Cultural Competency: Proficiency working with multilingual, multicultural communities and a personal commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Job Type: This is a full-time, non-exempt position that will be primarily onsite at our school in Decatur, GA.
GVP provides the opportunity to work within a vibrant community dedicated to teaching and learning, social justice, and service. Primary elements of the benefits package include:
- Salary of $47,000
- 20 paid personal days plus 12-16 designated paid holidays per year, with additional flexibility during summer hours
- Health insurance, including optional dental and vision coverage, and an HRA plan
- Paid parental leave
- Life insurance
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Limited telework opportunities
We are located in downtown Decatur, across the street from the Decatur MARTA station. The position requires a criminal background check.
About Global Village Project:
As the only school in the U.S. for refugee girls, Global Village Project removes the barriers to refugee girls’ learning and amplifies their voices as creative young leaders. GVP’s full day academic program serves 40-50 refugee young women from Clarkston, Georgia, and students pay no tuition. A model for innovative, equitable refugee education, GVP builds on our students’ existing strengths to support them in becoming highly successful students and empowered citizens.