Atlanta Victim Assistance, Inc.
Atlanta Victim Assistance, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency which provides services to victims of crimes. Since its inception in 1984, Atlanta Victim Assistance (AVA) has provided critical support to over 50,000 innocent Atlanta citizens impacted by crime. Atlanta Victim Assistance, Inc. advocates for the rights of victims and witnesses of crime with compassion, dignity, and respect.
POSITION: GRANTS COORDINATOR
The Grants Coordinator with the guidance of the Deputy Director and/or Executive Director oversees and monitors the operations of all awarded grants and:
- Provides grant writing and technical assistance to grant writers and finance manager
- Ensures that program staff accomplish their approved program initiatives and that AVA meets compliance and reporting requirements
- Assist in the budget development process as assigned by the Deputy Director and/or Executive Director Ensures compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; and aide with special audits conducted by grantor
- Tracks, monitors, follow-up, generate reports and creates Executive briefs/reports related to compliance and operations for the successful delivery of programs
- Implements and provide oversight by tracking deliverables as described in each grant
- Monitors grant changes, deliverables, correspondence, risks and maintaining associated documentation
- Provides other support as needed to AVA’s staff and management team to include aiding victims of crime
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Finance or any related field.
- Previous experience in grants and financial management and a strong interest in providing high quality administrative support.
- Also, knowledge of the principles practices and techniques of the criminal justice system and victim assistance is highly favored.
- Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements and submissions.
- Ability to interpret federal, state and local government laws and regulations regarding grant administration; ability to review the work of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Skilled user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Communication, organization and writing skills are necessary for this position. Ability to be an innovative thinker.
- Strong document management skills
Please note that as an AVA employee, one may be asked to carry out duties pertinent to his/her position and/or goals of the agency that are not stated in the above job description.
AVA is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer