The Administrative Associate will be the backbone of this global organization, handling the day-to-day administrative tasks of the organization. Art+Feminism is a multilingual community. This position requires proficiency in written and spoken English with a commitment to working across the many languages of our community through the use of translation tools, interpretation support and language courses (through professional development support).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Anchoring email@example.com via inbox management, including managing and responding timely and bringing in leadership team memberships as appropriate.
- Supporting internal campaign communications
- Working alongside Program Manager to send out annual campaign invitations, updates, and reminders to event organizers participating the the annual Art+Feminism campaign
- Leading communications around funding awards including follow ups around award agreements and final reporting.
- Providing administrative support to the Art+Feminism leadership team, as needed (and if capacity is available), such as organizing and preparing documents for meetings, reports, and grant opportunities and conducting preliminary research around tools to improve organizational workflow.
- Coordinating internal language interpretation and written translation needs.
- Assisting with basic web updates and maintenance.
- Assisting with Wikimedia administration, such as event metrics compilation in WikiData and uploading files to Wikimedia Commons (no previous experience necessary)
- Assisting with team scheduling.
- Assist tracking and communicating around internal contracts.
- Attending regular team meetings (scheduled in advance).
- Take ownership of or assist with tasks related to at least one of the following:
- Website management
- Social media management
- Collaborate closely with Art+Feminism's Executive Director and Program Manager to lead the day-today operations of Art+Feminism.
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE & OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Required Licensure/Certifications: Not applicable
Computer/Technology Skills: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy (i.e., computer, reliable internet connection, and phone) applies; limited funding may be available to offset costs. Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc) is preferred, but not required.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting and/or standing, if a standing work desk is used. Long periods in front of a computer screen. Repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers due to typing and computer mouse/trackpad movement. Breaks during the workday are not only permitted but are encouraged.
Other Necessary Skills and Abilities: As the first person that many of our returning and potential partners will encounter, customer service skills and experience with CRM tools like Streak are essential. Ability to occasionally work outside of standard times (insert typical start/end work hours) to accommodate meetings and events. This position is remote, but candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Desired Skills, Qualities, and Abilities—Not Required:
- Familiar with Wikiverse.
- Prior experience working remotely.
This position is 100% remote. Standard Art+Feminism working hours are flexible Monday - Friday, with occasional meetings and events outside of standard times to accommodate the Art+Feminism global community. Breaks during the workday are not only permitted but encouraged.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We can pay $50,000 with PTO, sick time, refresh days, a health reimbursement, a retirement plan, and an annual personal professional development fund. Art+Feminism operates on a 30-35 hour work week, with breaks encouraged during any given work day. In addition to 12 paid holidays annually (13 in years of a US Presidential General Election), there are two org-wide breaks. One between December 25 and January 1 and a second two-week break in July/August of each year. This position is 100% grant funded and contingent upon grant funding. In the event the grant funding is exhausted, this position may be reduced in hours or eliminated.
YOU SHOULD FEEL COMFORTABLE APPLYING IF YOU
- Are passionate about the arts, open-source culture, and uplifting historically excluded voices, committed to learning and unlearning, and recognize there are many nuances in different feminisms.
- Are energized to be an active participant in helping make Art+Feminism more equitable.
- Have a knack for systems and operations and logistics.
- Enjoy “customer” facing positions / engaging with community members.
- Are solutions-oriented with an instinct for collaboration.
- Comfortable keeping tabs on multiple communications and correspondences simultaneously.
- Have strong self-awareness and high emotional intelligence.
- Enjoy both working independently and as part of a team.