Director of Development
At Fill Ministries/Meals by Grace we know that you want to get out of that dead-end job that has you marking time in your career. You want to not only feel fulfilled but revitalized, making a significant difference in a meaningful way. To do that, you need opportunities!! The problem is there’s no where “up” to go, which makes you feel stuck, and frankly more than a little discouraged. We understand frustrations like that which is why we want to offer you a change. A cape is part of our uniform! Working with Meals by Grace allows you to wear a cape and be a Hero every day, knowing that your service is allowing children to go to bed happy not hungry.
Here’s the opportunity: We’re an eleven-year-old, fast-growing nonprofit (Forsyth County non-profit of the year 2019 ) looking to take it to the next level and then some. We’re looking to add a Chief Development Officer and build out a Development team before we complete our Campus of Caring.
So, check out our job description and send us your resume. In the meantime, while we’re reviewing those, go to the careers page (https://mealsbygrace.org/Careers.aspx) on our website and get on our early notifications list for career opportunities just like this one, so you can stop being stuck (and frankly, bored) and instead be revitalized and excited to make a significant impact to others and your community. Imagine working for an organization that allows your heart to both lead your work and to overflow with compassion to those in need.
Meals by Grace, a dynamic non-profit organization focused on bringing food, hope and transformation to children and families in need, is seeking a Director of Development. The successful candidate will set and achieve fundraising goals and plan and implement a development and fundraising program to provide for the needs of the organization.
Filling a new role in the organization, the Director will report to and partner with the Executive Director. This is a ground-floor opportunity to build the development team. With a large donor and volunteer database and annual giving closing in on 2M this would be a prime opportunity for the right, motivated individual.
1. Work with Executive Director to determine annual fundraising priorities
2. Develop, organize and execute each strategy of the fundraising program, including but not limited to
- Organizational giving (corporate gifts, in kind, peer-led, foundation programs)
- Digital fundraising (social media, email)
- Donor gifts (individual, recurring, major givers)
- Capital campaign
- Fundraising events
- Planned giving (legacy, bequeaths)
- Sponsorships (serve days and events, ministry events)
3. Meet annual fundraising goals, leveraging staff, volunteers, Youth Board, Ambassador Program and other internal resources
4. Identify and build relationships with new donors and grantors, leveraging LinkedIn, personal contacts, Board connections and social/community interactions
5. Implement strategies to form strong, lasting relationships and grow engagement and potential of existing donors
6. Utilize story-branding, community relations, forum/roundtable memberships, speaking engagements, fundraising events, newsletters, social media platforms, and other means to reach as many donors and sponsors as possible
7. Create reports to analyze and measure progress toward fundraising goals and campaign effectiveness.
8. Furnish Board with regular development progress reports
9. Continually look for new donation programs and opportunities
10. Stay up to date on fundraising trends and best practices and implement as applicable
11. Create relevant and informative fundraising literature to support various strategies and events, in cooperation with Marketing and Communications teams
12. Employee management responsibilities, including overseeing development staff, hiring/discipline/termination of employees as needed in partnership with Executive Director, and timely, constructive performance evaluations
13. Utilize Ministry software tools like HubSpot, wealth Screening Software, and CRM software tools in accomplishing and recording the development teams activities. These software tools KPI’s and Dashboards will be used to track attainment of goals.
- Minimum five years of proven success in professional fundraising
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills
- Desire to get out of the office and build external relationships (up to 85% out of office)
- Self-starter, goal driven, independent worker, organized with exceptional follow-through
- Positive “culture-keeper” team member, self-confident, good listener
- Bachelor's degree in business, non-profit management, or related field a plus
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles required, CFRE certification (or desire to obtain) a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, emotional intelligence skills
- Knowledge of tax planning principles and tactics that favor charitable giving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience in HubSpot, Wealth Engine a plus