Overview: Career choices in 2022 are driven by equity, meaning, purpose, and autonomy. If this captures your expectations and the ideals of dignity, respect, and compassion at end of life resonate with your values, Hospice Giving Foundation may be the organization to fulfill your professional goals. The Vice President of Philanthropy is a senior-level professional who is a trusted thought partner with the CEO. This position is an exceptional opportunity for someone with leadership aspirations who wants to impact lives, build community and partnerships, while strengthening the care for serious illness and end of life.
The VP of Philanthropy takes pride in and understands the art and science of fundraising. The VP of Philanthropy’s support and leadership, deepens Hospice Giving Foundation’s existing culture of philanthropy with its strong base of long-term, loyal donors, through relationship building, prioritizing stewardship, and creating personalized campaigns. The VP of Philanthropy works closely with the CEO on long-range strategy, visioning, policy, board development, and deployment of donor funds for the greatest impact. The VP of Philanthropy is gracious with a wide spectrum of donors and with superior stewardship skills earns the trust of supporters and stakeholders.
Hospice Giving Foundation seeks an experienced senior-level team member with a record of attaining fund raising goals, managing a portfolio of supporters, and balancing concurrent projects, who possesses a strategic, focused, and energetic can-do attitude. Successful candidates have the skills, experience, and abilities to work with the Board of Directors and staff, inspiring them for maximal philanthropic outcomes.
- Develop, implement, and manage the master plan and calendar for all facets of fund development including major gifts, legacy and bequests, annual fund, and new donor acquisition.
- Expand and diversify financial support for HG Foundation, in partnership with the Board of Directors and Philanthropy Committee, by maintaining a portfolio of qualified prospects, conducting personal visits and solicitations; personally, or in conjunction with CEO and volunteer leaders; and identifying new prospects and increasing support from existing donors.
- Lead signature fundraising and donor stewardship events from pre-event planning through to post-event analysis.
- Work with the CEO on high level impact strategies for mission focused initiatives In partnership with the board and CEO, as well as funded agencies, ensure philanthropy programs are aligned to create greatest impact for community recipients of a broad spectrum of care for those with serious illness or at end of life.
- Provide leadership for relationship building across all levels of donors and supporters Supervise team members; encourage professional growth and development
- Ensure consistency in messaging across all communication platforms in coordination with the Marketing/Communications team Manage fund raising database and provide financial analysis of all development programs
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree or higher; CFRE desirable
- Minimally five years’ experience in fund development with accelerated levels of managerial/supervisorial responsibilities
- Success in a ‘small shop’ organization
- Health Care / Social Services experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Progressive, successful experience in fundraising with comprehensive knowledge of annual fund principles and fund development strategies
- Able to analyze data and conduct prospect research to implement effective moves management strategies for major donors
- Knowledge of planned/deferred giving tools/vehicles Proficient at financial analysis and grant/campaign/event reporting
- Employs a gracious and authentic manner with donors, board of directors, and supporters
- Must be an eloquent ambassador for Hospice Giving Foundation in written, face-to-face communications, and at public events and speaking engagements throughout the region
- Be results and people-oriented, excellent at follow through with a strong work ethic and superb attention to detail
Applicants must submit cover letter and resume.