Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
The role of the Development Coordinator is to provide highly professional and technical support to the Development Team of Focused Community Strategies (FCS) by tracking and processing all donations and required documentation in CRM; data collection and analysis for all fundraising activities; assisting with fundraising events; and coordinating organizational communication processes.
Strong applicants for this position will be self-motivated, team-oriented, highly detailed and organized. Applicants must be able to manage multiple projects and schedules while maintaining communication with executive leadership. He/She/They will be asked to develop and maintain internal systems to strengthen and support FCS development and fundraising processes.
- Donor Management
- Process all donations received in Raiser’s Edge CRM, prepare required receipts and acknowledgements, reconcile donor systems and accounting systems monthly.
- Manage donor databases with accuracy of donor contact information and giving history.
- Stay current on best practices with Raiser’s Edge and its products.
- Maintain all registrations for matching gifts, state registrations and other require processes
- Work in close collaboration with the Communications team to execute online and print communications.
- Maintain all mailing lists for organization.
- Maintain content on website, blog, and social media in partnership with the Communications team.
- Catalog all organizational photos and video for easy access for team members.
- Donor Relations & Events
- Maintain regular contact and communications with donors including follow up appointments, thank you’s, grant/donation inquiries, and marketing support.
- Research donor prospects and plan cultivation journey
- Oversee fundraising events as aligned in development strategy
- Leadership and Team Support
- Prepare donor reports for leadership as requested
- Support Development Director with scheduling and reporting.
- Other tasks as they arrive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-motivated and detail-oriented planner
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to communicate persuasively and accurately about FCS’s community development model and philosophy of responsible charity
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google products, social media and database software, Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred
- Commitment to a team environment
- 3 to 5 years of development experience
This is part-time position, 20 to 25 hours per week