POSITION TITLE: Member Services Coordinator/EXPLORE program
FLSA: Non-exempt DEPARTMENT: Advancement Date: Updated 1.21.22
REPORTS TO: Membership Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Member Services Coordinator/EXPLORE role is responsible for supporting the Advancement team with the Garden’s growing Membership program. A portion of this position is dedicated to the support of the Explore Annual Membership Program, a program that oﬀers family memberships to employees of the following partner institutions: Atlanta Public Schools, Grady Health Systems, MARTA, and City of Atlanta. This is a full-time permanent position that requires occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
The position requires excellent customer service skills, focus, high energy and enthusiasm, strong problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and exceeding customer expectations.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support year-round for eligible employees for the Explore membership program and assist with recruitment eﬀorts
- Work with Garden Advancement, IT and Marketing staﬀ, and partner organizations in support of the Explore program
- Ensure high quality records management and customer service for existing and potential members
- Answer and return phone calls, emails, and voicemails in support of the overall Membership program
- Attend Membership events, meet & engage members
- Other tasks as assigned within the scope of the program
- Assist with other membership department tasks as determined by Membership Manager
- Occasional oﬀ-site duties, requiring a valid driver’s license
Other Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clariﬁcation when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Problem Solving - Identiﬁes and resolves problems time-eﬃciently; Gathers information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Presents data eﬀectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time eﬃciently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Listening to and assisting People - Includes staﬀ in decision-making processes; Accessible to staﬀ; Provides regular feedback; Develops educational training and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years of experience in community engagement or customer service.
- Self-starter, Results-Oriented.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Versatile, with demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with multiple projects.
- Proﬁcient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to drive own car to occasional oﬀ-site work events
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.