Administrative Assistant – Part-time
The Cobb Veterans Memorial Foundation is a 501 3c Non-Profit organization working in conjunction with the Cobb County Government to build the County’s memorial to honor the over 60,000 Veterans and their families that live and work in or around Cobb County. In the future the Memorial and the Foundation will become a resource for veterans in need of assistance or information and will also serve to help enhance the education of our younger generations on the value of service to our community, State and Country. This position of Administrative Assistant will be to assist the Director of Development and the members of the Board of Directors in all administrative areas of the Foundation. The Assistant’s job has the potential to develop into a Full-Time position in the years ahead.
- Assist the Director in administrative operations and the planning of the Board of Directors and Committee Meetings.
- Schedule Appointments and Meetings and Maintain a Calendar with reminder Notices to the Director and the Board, including sending email meeting notifications to participants.
- Assist the Director and various Committees in event scheduling
- Maintain and Upkeep Supply inventory
- Manage and pack supplies needed for all off-site events
- Manage all US Postal Service and email mailings of the Foundation to include Thank You Letters to donors, Invitations to events and occasional Holiday Cards to high-level donors.
- Answer the Foundation Office Phone when in the Office or when the phone is “forwarded” to the Assistant
- Compose and edit documents as required
- Maintain a Filing System, both electronic and if necessary physical hard-copy files.
- Help Manage the “Neon” donor system with the help of the Finance Team and the Treasurer
- Distribute various internal Committee and Board communications as requested by the Director or Board President.
- Help develop collateral materials with the Foundation’s outside vendors (Webmaster, printer, etc.)
- Assist and Engage the Event Committee in planning, set-up and implementation of all off-site events.
- Have the ability to work closely with various Committee and Board members to build excellent internal communications.
- Order/reorder business cards, stationery, envelopes, name tags,.
- Provide other administrative duties as need.
- High School Diploma and an Associate Degree and/or the equivalent work experience of at least 3 years.
- May work from home but must be in the Office upon request of the Director of Development AND on the 2nd and 4thWednesday of every month (except November and December due to the holidays) for 4 hours each of the afore mentioned days.
- Must have good computer skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Google Suite, QuickBooks and WordPress.
Hours and Salary:
- Minimum of 12 hours per week
- $17per hour