The Housing Authority is seeking a team-oriented candidate to work at the Assistant Project Manager level. The Assistant Project Manager will support a wide range of affordable housing development projects and have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
This position requires the ability to provide technical assistance and analysis to the Housing Development department and organize day-to-day planning and implementation of projects with necessary assistance from specialized consultants and agency staff. The Assistant Project Manager manages smaller affordable housing projects throughout the real estate development process, and may coordinate aspects of larger projects with oversight from senior staff.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, plus
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of relevant experience in affordable housing real estate development or community development program or project management.
- Specific affordable housing finance training, such as LISC, NeighborWorks, ULI or other coursework is a plus.
- Candidates should possess strong technical skills in pro forma analysis, entitlements, construction oversight and/or affordable housing finance.
- Other technical skills needed include proficiency in common business software, particularly Excel, and affordable housing software, preferably Yardi and/or Laserfiche.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment is required. Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.
- Proficiency in one of the Housing Authority’s LEP languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese or Tagalog) is preferred but not required.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled; Applications received by January 28, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST will be included in the first review
To apply, submit a:
- Resume, and
- Cover letter stating why you are interested in and qualified for the position (two pages maximum)
Your resume and cover letter must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: Assistant Project Manager Employment Application.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY VIA EMAIL