We are seeking a hard-working, dependable, and highly organized Foundation and Database Administrator to serve as an integral member of our small team who will provide essential administrative, grantmaking and office management support to the Foundation and its executives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organized individual who is interested in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors and is seeking to advance their career. The individual should have database management experience or is an adaptive learner willing to undertake an intensive database onboarding and training period.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Grant and Database Management:
• Manage all aspects of FLUXX online grants management platform, which may include draft grant agreements, write proposal summaries, create new user accounts, provide technical support and basic training to internal users, grantees, and applicants.
• Provide administrative support for grants processing, including review and audit grant applications and reports for compliance with data integrity standards and grant application procedures.
• Maintain required record keeping for grants, including detailed excel spreadsheets, assembling file folders and adding documentation to database.
• Support FLUXX platform maintenance and upgrades. Identify, recommend, test and implement approved updates and enhancements.
• Serve as Foundation liaison to Fluxx.
• Administer the foundation’s DocuSign account and workflow.
• Participate in training and educational opportunities to augment knowledge and experience in all aspects of database and grants administration.
Administrative Assistance and Office Management:
• Manage President and Executive Director’s calendars, including heavy scheduling and confirmation of meetings. (virtual and in-person). Send daily meeting calendar to President.
• Provide support for meetings, which may include ordering meals, compiling meeting materials, assembling binders, collecting RSVPs, greeting guests, taking minutes, testing IT hardware and software, and providing any needed meeting set-up or clean-up.
• Manage Executives’ work-related travel and logistical arrangements, including registrations, booking flights and ground transportation, reserving hotels, arranging meals, etc.
• Process monthly expense and reimbursement reports.
• Support writing assignments, which may include drafting or editing correspondence, tribute ads, articles, or summary reports.
• Maintain annual foundation holiday calendar, board meeting calendar and contact list.
• Perform general office duties such as answering phones/emails, monitoring office supply inventory, maintaining common office areas and equipment, managing mail and correspondence, running errands, managing digital and hardcopy files.
• Bachelor’s or Associates degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 5 Years Full-Time Experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of and proficiency with Fluxx Grants Management or similar cloud-based grants management application.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft 365, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
• Detail oriented with great organization skills.
• Effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage time to support the work of various functions.
• Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical users.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
• Takes initiative, as appropriate, and can work well independently and as part of a team.
• Protect sensitive information by maintaining the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Positive attitude and strong sense of integrity.
• Desire to support a small team and work in a small organization.
Desired but not required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous database management and administrative experience
• Knowledge of principles and practices of grants management and philanthropy
• Knowledge of document and records management
• Familiarity with web coding (HTML, etc.) and editing
• Certified Georgia notary or willingness to receive notary certification within first 90 days.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to admin@zalik[dot]org. Please note "Foundation and Database Administrator" in the subject line of the email. No phone inquiries, please.
The Zalik Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.