AltaMed Health Services Grant Writer/Program & Services Development
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
The Senior Grants Officer will work within the AltaMed Institute of Health Equity (AIHE) and will have the primary responsibility for responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) issued by federal agencies. The mission of AIHE is to promote a learning health care system approach that engages patient-clinician partnerships, science and informatics, and a culture of learning and supportive system competencies. The Senior Grants Officer coordinates, manages, and at times leads the internal and/or external partner proposal development team process, both soliciting information from partners, and crafting the narrative and budget of a proposal. The proposal team may include Principal Investigator PhDs from academic institutions. The Senior Grants Officer will be responsible for the timely completion of the proposal development process by the submission of a comprehensive application by the RFP deadline. This position may also proactively seek funding opportunities to be presented to leadership for approval to pursue. This position may also develop concept papers that explain and showcase best practices that expand and enhance the AltaMed Institute for Health Equity activities.
- Master's preferred, PhD in health services or medical degree a plus. For exceptional candidates, experience in lieu of degrees will be considered.
- Experience in the healthcare or related field coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years of grant writing experience in the health care nonprofit sector
- Responsible for the production of project/ program proposals, grant applications, and concept papers that expand and enhance AIHE activities.
- Management of all aspects of proposal preparation to ensure complete, accurate, timely, high-quality submission that conforms with requirements of potential funders.
- Lead, develop and direct program planning and planning team members.
- Supervise the creation, development and initial implementation of programs and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Create appropriate multi-year program budgets, implementation timelines and deliverables, evaluation plans, and quantifiable goals and objectives independently.
- Independently establish and define an editorial and application strategy that will present the most compelling case for funding.
- Critically analyze current program and project activities to identify opportunities to integrate evidence-based, industry-accepted models of intervention and services.
- Represent AltaMed and supervise collaborative proposal and grant application activities with community partners.
- Independently link funding opportunities and leveraging opportunities to AltaMed current and projected needs.
- Autonomously acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of health industry-related topics, current events, policy updates, local/ regional/ national budget issues and political discussions that impact AltaMed’s work.
- Provide technical assistance, coaching and professional development support to junior and new team members.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Basic & Voluntary)
- Career Growth and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Programs
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Corporate Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs