Director of Marketing and Communications
Senior Vice President
Exempt status; salary with bonus
Community Health Ventures, business development affiliate of the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC), is hiring for a Director of Marketing and Communications. This person will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all organization marketing strategies and communications, both external and internal, for existing business programs and partnerships. Individual will oversee development and implementation of support materials and services. This position requires a highly organized self-starter who can manage their own work as well as deliverables owed via 3rd party vendors. Lastly, individual will work closely with Senior Vice President in identifying, recruiting, and delivering results for future programs and partnerships.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring a comprehensive marketing and communications effort that enhances CHV’s image, CHV’s program market positions.
- Accountable for ongoing evaluation of CHV’s image as reflected in various marketing assets.
- Ensure for proper articulation of program features and capabilities in a consistent manner geared towards both a more general and – when called for – an explicit audience.
- Create ongoing internal communication strategy as to CHV’s impact.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all CHV marketing communications.
- Responsible for drafting press releases as needed.
- Proactively assess and recommend changes to the appearance of all CHV print and electronic materials including websites and web pages, brochures, email communications, logos, letterhead, and other items. Develop new assets as needed and approved.
- Responsible for all marketing and communications deliverables related to state affiliate partnerships.
- Continually research marketing trends, strategies, and new technologies to find best-fit tools across all media
- Engage with strategy leads and analytics teams to ensure creative work is in line with strategic goals and on message for the target audience for each campaign
- Advise Senior Vice President on marketing planning and budgeting.
- Work closely with Senior Vice President in reaching marketing goals both programmatic and financial.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communication activities.
- In-house or external agency experience working on integrated, cross-channel campaigns, with a strong, diverse portfolio to show for it.
- Ability to concept and develop outstanding creative with the teams, then sell it to clients.
- Excellent client relationship-building skills
- Solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations within digital channels
- Fluency across the Adobe Creative Suite with proven expertise in digital, traditional, and emerging delivery models.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal sales skills.
- Experience in developing, managing personnel especially 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases and making presentations.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of all types of marketing assets.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.