Asian Law Alliance is seeking a full-time Development Associate to support fundraising for ALA programs empowering diverse low-income residents of Silicon Valley through legal services, community education, and organizing.
Primary responsibilities will include assisting with ALA’s annual event, generating and posting flyers/graphic design, publishing ALA’s online newsletter, helping gather client impact stories and quotes, generating invoices and tax acknowledgements, and data entry. Depending on the start date, the Development Associate will either work remotely until the ALA office reopens, or hybrid (8-16 hours per week in San Jose) if the ALA office has reopened. The Development Associate will be supervised by ALA’s Development Director.
- Experience supporting communications and graphic design to promote events, fundraising, and/or social justice
- Strong interest in leveraging customer relations management applications (“CRMs”) and other technology to support fundraising
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to manage stress while working under pressure and deadlines
- Self-awareness to collaborate and build consensus within a culturally diverse group
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Commitment to advancing justice, dignity, and equality
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. ALA has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of the vulnerable community members we serve as well as our employees. Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated and/or wear a face covering (as otherwise required by this policy) because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination, and/or testing for COVID-19, and/or wearing a face covering conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Requests for exceptions and reasonable accommodations may be initiated by the employee. An ALA Reasonable Accommodation form is available upon request.